Partner - Risk Management

I have been working with a small company for almost 1 year, The company deducted the PF component from my monthly salary every time without even having a PF account in State EPF.
The money is still lying with the company in some bank account for all employees earning a good interest. HR promises that once accounts are opened then entire amount with interest will be deposited.(Don't know the time)
I am leaving the company to go abroad for further studies now.
How should I go ahead to ask for PF withdrawal.
1. Company haven't applied for my PF account yet.(No Forms submitted to EPF Department)
2. Pay slip does not have any PF number.
3. They are not willing to give me PF as full and final settlement.
I am really worried that they would gobble up the money once I am out of the country.
30th September 2013 From India, Gurgaon
What is the size of the company ? Are they required by law to have pf ? Are you an exempt employee ? Has the company applied yet for pf registration ?
30th September 2013 From India, Mumbai
What is the size of the company ?:
50 People including founders.
Are they required by law to have pf ?
Dont know about this but they are deducting it anyway from my monthly paycheck.
Has the company applied yet for pf registration ? They say they have applied but didn't get any response from concerned govt. authority.
Even if they do get any PF registration in future how will they open an account for an employee who has already left the organisation.
1st October 2013 From India, Gurgaon
In general, it takes about 3 months to get a pf number.
So this is a problem
Once the account gets opened the company has to pay the entire amount of pf including those who have left. There is no form or document you have to sign. The company fills all required form.
Now they can't pay you the money as they will then have to pay for you out of their pocket.
You can ask them to show the documents sent for registration along with the stamped acknowledgement as proof that the procedure has been started
1st October 2013 From India, Mumbai
Thanks for your response. So what I get from your reply is that the company cannot pay the PF deducted amount in F&F and will deposit it to EPF only(Hope so in future after I am long gone from company and country).
I guess in that case it can only be withdrawn from EPF after 2 months leaving job.Looks like i must forget about this money at the end.
2nd October 2013 From India, Gurgaon
Not really,
If you wish to draw the money out, you can do so.
The process is now online and pretty transparent.
Of course you have to wait for the money to be deposited in pf first.
Surely there must be someone in your family who can file the relevant document for you.

3rd October 2013 From India, Mumbai
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™