Partner - Risk Management
Epf & Esi Matters
Hr Manager
Asst. Vice President-hr
Amruth Reddy_k
Govt. Service

I want to ask-if six months esi challans(originals) are missing from my end and audit i have to face then how to deal with it? kindly help me out to solve this problem.its urgent.
From India, Pune
In my opinion you may handle the problem by taking following actions.
1. Bank Statement or transaction detail of your company's Bank account from which you have deposited the ESI contribution for the period mentioned above.
2.Write a letter to the Bank with a request to provide the attested copies of the Challans in the custody of the Bank where you have deposited the contribution
3. You may also write to the ESIC authorities and intimate them that the challans have been lost/misplaced also submit the above proof(mentioned at point No.1. and 2)with the letter and take the stamped acknowledgement from the ESIC. Acknowledgment will help u in facing the Audit/Inspections.

From India, Delhi
I visited the said bank with the bank statement of transactions , but the bank authority said its impossible to find the previous challans, they refuses to help. i meet them with the bank statement and the application.
From India, Pune
As we know if the ESI authority knows about the missing challans..they will start asking for we know in this condition what to do....
From India, Pune
dear Vijay,
you hav\'t stated the period for which challans are missing, since now a days, only computerised challans are being generated in software of ESCI, so nothing more to worry, contact your bankers with details, get certificate from your bankers about payments are made, keep certified copy of bank a/c statement and keep record for further assessments.

From India, New Delhi
Dear Vijay, I agree with Mr. Pankaj You may visit the branch manager of the Bank directly and request him to give a clearance certificate for the payment of ESI with all the supported documents.
From India, Bangalore
Forget about the challah.
Esic is now online.
You can get a statement very easily from the system
The system will only show details where payment has been made.
Incidentally banks can give a duplicate challah.
I got once for pf almost a year after the original

From India, Mumbai
If the Challans are remitted to Government Account, credit certificate may be obtained and used for audit and other purposes. Amruth Reddy K Asst. Accounts Officer
From India, Hyderabad
In my opinion, if the Bank refuses to issue certificate even on payment, file a complaint with Banking Ombudsman
Issue a legal notice through an Advocate
Or get a letter/ certificate from ESIC to the effect that contribution for the related period ,have been received, for this you have to approach the Regional Director ESI concerned in writing .
AK Chandok
RPFC (Retd.)
<link no longer exists - removed>

From India, Chandigarh
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™