Dear Senior,

Please guide ,my friend worked in Hotel having PF no-“A” after completion of 8 year & six months service he has resigned (11/06/2009) the Hotel & applied his PF & Pension claim form to PF office after that he got the PF & Pension amount..

But after 11 months he again joined(May.2010) the same Hotel having new PF no-“B” but due to some clerical mistake his PF contribution in form (3A) for the period 2010-11 mentioned in his old PF No-“A” & same submitted in PF office at time of annual return submission.

After that he submitted from -13 to Pf office for transfer his pf & pension amount(for the period 2010-11) from PF no “A” to Pf no “B” but after some time

he hot the rejection letter from PF office mention” Claim already settled” but when he online check the status of old PF no –A then some amount appeared for the period of 2010-11.

Please Suggest & advice ,How he can withdraw or transfer his PF & pension amount for the period 2010-11 which by mistake submitted in his old PF number A instead of Pf No B.

From India, Haldwani
Human Resource Professional
Business Analyst

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.


Hi Vishal,
The company can request the PF office through letter stating that erroneously they have shown old PF account while filing annual return and hence please correct the same and transfer it to his new PF account.
They have to approach the PF accounts officer, who on verifying the records will do the needful.
Thanks & Regards,

From India, Madras

Hello Vishal,
As this is a clerical mistake it is the responsibility of the company representative to set things right. This might require a trip to the PF office with a written requisition. Remittance and Transfers are handles by different departments within the PF office and that's why you got the reply 'Claim settled' (which is technically correct).
This is not a major issue, and the company representative who is in touch with PF office should be able to straighten it out.

From India, New Delhi

Dear Vishal,

The unintentional mistake happened at HR end while preparing 3-A could have been rectified by submitting a revised 3-A with a covering letter to the PF department instead of submitting a transfer request in form 13 by the employee concerned. PF department issues annual contribution statement to each covered employee every year thru' HR, which indicates the accumulated contribution (employer as well as employee and the interest accrued thereon, the account number etc). Such statement also indicates that if any mistake is noticed, the same should be brought to the notice of the PF authority within one month. I hope the HR people must have received such annual contribution statement for 2010-11. Still the HR people can contact the concerned dealing person/Dy. Commissioner, EPF of the relevant circle, with a letter, requesting the mistakes happened unintentionally be rectified in their records and issue a revised annual contribution statement for that employee, based on the revised 3-A. They will, surely, accede to the request.

All the best,

From India, Jaipur

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHR®

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server