Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I want to know is there any deduction in the salary if the notice period is not served in the probation period?
As i informed the organization verbally about my resignation and according to that i served the complete notice period but one day before my last day they said that they will accept a written resignation only. But at that time i was no having time to serve again according to the written resignation dates. It was nowhere mentioned in their HR manual and joining letter about the deduction in the salary if one will not serve the notice period in the probation or a permanent employee.
So, is it legal to claim my salary for the notice period.

From India, Jaipur
Possibly I see a clear case of misunderstanding. Did the company mean giving written resignation for their records which they should have asked you to do on the same day when informed verbally. Probably they missed doing so & hence asked you to give a written application now but which surely did not mean you to serve the notice from the date of written application.
If there is no clause regarding notice pay against notice period then you can very well claim your salary of the time served. But for sure you learnt a lesson for life time to keep things in black n white.

From India, Ahmedabad
Always note to serve resignation with notice period in writing when the terms of employment are in black and white. Since you have given them notice of your resignation verablly, as Hiral said, the mangement, by asking you to submit your resignation in writing, may not mean that the notice period shall start from the date of written resignation but with retrospective date only, you can sort out iteh misunderstanding, if any through discussion with HR.

From India, Mumbai
before joining any organization you have to sign an acceptence and you might also have done it. According to the signed documents and HR policy in every organization you should submit a written resignation letter. Verbal resignation is of no use and you also dont have any proof that you have resigned. So you don't have any right of the settlement from the company nor you can go for any legal action against the company. And if you had given the written resignation the first thing is you have to serve complete notice period take your clearance after that your settlement will be processed.

From Germany, Hallbergmoos
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Coô