Our Organisation is a Private company in Bihar (India)
There are 20 employees inducted in ESIC from our organisation from last 2 years. One of these beneficiary is suffering from ACUTE LIVER disease and he is facing shortage of funds so he opted to avail ESIC facility at local dispensary, after diagnosis the dispensary referred him to its main branch.On arrival the patient found that the branch is lacking of best medical facilities, so on his request the main branch referred him to IGIMS (Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences)Hospital
The IGIMS refused to provide medical facilities on on the ground that ESIC has 50 lac outstanding bills. After attaining this complain all the beneficiaries created a great hue and cry.
CASE- what should be my step, Should take up the matter to some governing body
OR, withdraw the beneficiary names
waiting for your suggestions ..................
Executive HR

From India, Patna
Dear Ankita,

First and foremost is the mismatch between heading of the post and the subject contents. When I read the heading I felt that ESIC is not allowing Bihar to grow. However, when I read the post, I found this is individual case. Therefore, I recommend you posting the messages with right heading.

Other states have grown notwithstanding pathetic services of ESIC. Bihar can also do that.

The case that you have explained is common. It can happen in anywhere in India. ESI is deficient in service is known fact to everybody. But the problem with our country is that we do not revamp our laws periodically. Once some law is made, it remains in statute books for decades notwithstanding the changes in ground reality.

As a solution, I recommend that let this Insured Employee (IE) approach consumer court. Let lawyer decide whether to make ESIC respondent or IGIMS respondent to his writ petition. In my opinion IGIMS should be respondent. If the IGIMS has outstanding of Rs 50 lakhs then they should have proceeded with legal action for recovery. Not providing medical services to a patient is not only deficiency in service but crime too.

By now that IE must have taken treatment from some hospital. Let him submit all the medical bills for scrutiny to the court. Let consumer court decide reimbursement of medical expenses from ESIC or IGIMS. In addition to this, IE can ask for recovery of legal expenses as well.


Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Hi Dinesh Sir,
I appreciate your reply but the problem is asking the employees to approach consumer court is not an easy task and this is only one case that i have referred there are many more cases. And you know that all people are not well educated as we are.
So should i ask each of them to go to the consumer court.
Thanks & Regards

From India, Patna
Dear Ankita,
You can give the employee assistance however, one has to fight one's battle. No one will come to your rescue.
Approaching consumer court is easy and not that difficult. It does not require much education as well. Most of the things lawyers do. Appellant has to be present initially and that is all.
Chief Minister of Bihar brags about development of his state, questions the secular credentials of the Chief Ministers of other states and worries about the future Prime Minister of the country. Rather than doing all this alas he could have spent time in sprucing up his administration!
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server