1. Being very tired, a child went to bed at 7:00 o\'clock at night. The child had a morning piano lesson, and therefore set the morning alarm clock to ring at 8:45. How many hours and minutes of sleep could the child get?
2. Some months like October have 31 days. Only February has precisely 28 (except in a leap year). How many months have 30 days?
3. A farmer had 18 pigs and all but 7 died. How many were left?
4. Divide 50 by 1/3 and add 7. What is the answer?
5. What four words appear on every denomination of US currency?
6. If a physician gave you 5 pills and told you to take 1 every half hour, how long would your supply last?
7. If you had only one match and entered a cold, dimly lit room where there was a kerosene lamp, an oil heater and a wood burning stove, which would you light first?
8. Two women play checkers. They play 5 games without a draw game and each woman wins the same number of games. How can this be?
9. What word is mispelled in this test? 5th June 2012 From India