30th March 2012 From India, Kumbakonam
Induction vs Orientation
• Induction and orientation are part of a program that is designed to make a new employee comfortable in the organization and to make him learn the job he has to perform in an easy manner.
• Induction comes first and is followed by orientation
• Induction is more informal while orientation is more formal.
• Induction is shorter, mostly of a day while orientation may take up to 7 days.
• Orientation involves actual training that prepares the employee for his job.
Source: Difference Between Induction and Orientation | Difference Between
30th March 2012 From India, Hyderabad
Induction is the program held for the new employee to make aware the new employee about process,system,policy etc.
while orientation can be said as the personal meeting with the existing employee & the process of building image of the company in to the individuals mind.
31st March 2012 From India, Jamnagar
Once i went for interview and interviewer asked me "what is the difference between TDS and Tax Planning"? but, i didn't get the suitable reply.
Dear seniors,Could you please make me understand by answering this question. I would be highly obliged to you.
Thanks & Regds.,
31st March 2012 From India, Delhi
Orientation was the informal information giving that made the recruit aware of the comfort issues - where the facilities are, what time lunch is and so forth.How long should the induction process take?
It starts when the job ad is written, continues through the selection process and is not complete until the new team member is comfortable as a full contributor to the organization's goals.
The first hour on day one is a critical component - signing on, issuing keys and passwords, explaining no go zones, emergency procedures, meeting the people that you will interact with all have to be done immediately. Until they are done the newcomer is on the payroll, but is not employed.
After that it is a matter of just in time training - expanding the content as new duties are undertaken.
1st April 2012 From India, Patna