Partner - Risk Management
Manager Hr
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear All,
After working for about 11 years I have been transferred to our sister concern for a year now and since then my date of joining displays the new date. I would like to know:
a) whether i can withdraw the gratuity amount now?
b) If i resign how many year's of gratuity will be payable?
Thanks & regards,

From India, Indore
Dear Viju,
a) You can apply for the gratuity in the parent company for 11 years of services .If the two companies are different entities you have no option to transfer gratuity from one separate entity to another.
B) If you resign in the new company with one year of service, you are not eligible for gratuity.
Excellent Hr Services,

From India, Coimbatore
Kindly check the tansfer letter given by the first compny, they must have mentioned as: For your all long term benifits your earlier date of joining would be considered
If this is not mentioned in the letter, u should check with HR people.

From India, Pondicherry
Hi vijay
Terms of appointment remains the same does not mean anything.
The transfer letter specifically needs to specify that the date of appointment will be considered from the date of joining of the parent company for all benefits and retirement benefits

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™