Hr, Recruitment, T&d And Motivation
Finance, Hr, Sectarial Practices, Law And
Executive - Hr
Operations , People Management
You can include the following[besides employee-specific info]:
Contact details of HR /key personnel
Employee manual/code of conduct
Training Calendar for the year
Personalised welcome messages from business/functional head(s)
Welcome kid should have employee id-card, e-mail, password, pen, diary and a small gift like a tupperware lunch box or trendy water bottles.
Gifting tupperware lunch box or trendy water bottles of stainless steel exist in lot of IT companies! You can check or do the survey about what employees get when they join. I am also working for an IT firm!
Employee Hand Book (Contains all HR policies, including compnay Vision, Mission,Policies of Recruitment, Appraisal, Promotion, Grievances Handling System, Do & Don't,Employee Health & safety policy,Disciplinary Procedure, Who will help you in emergency ? Incentive policy etc., Attendance & Leave system)
Because, that employee is new in your family. Its responsibility of Hr guys to make them familier with company norms.
Employees contact detail (if required)
Infact, during induction schedule, HR guys should with them.
The kit includes Company Hierarchy chart (whose reporting to whom ) it sets line of command , Core values , Some cash for office shopping , welcome letter includes designation and his identity (emails accounts) Mobile sim , account at bank ( payroll a/c) for office use ,these are basics now rest is your turn
1 Greetings ( Hand Shake & Had breakfast/ lunch ,Coffee/Tea etc. )
2 Focus on need & Importance of Assignment
3 Allocation of Cabin / Desk / PC ( Location & SL No If any)
4 Providing of Note pad , Pencil ,Rubber , Sharpener etc.
5 Joining Report
6 Brief on Company Profile
7 Verification of Experience Certificate / Relieving Letter from Previous Employer,
Medical fitness certificate, Blood group )
8 Fill up of necessary forms
( PF form , ESI form (If eligible) Mediclaim Policy , SB A/c opening form, Work Ethics)
Photos - Passport & Post card Size (for ESI)
9 If Entitled
a Assigned E-mail ID
b Telephone / Mobile No.
c Visiting Card
10 Sensitization on Company Personnel Policy
a Organizational Structure & present status of employees
b Details on Working Hours / W/off / Holidays
c Details On Leave (PL,SL,CL)
d Travel Rules / Conveyance Allowance /Telephone & Mobile Reimbursement details (If any)
e Loan Policy / Medical / LTA ( Depends on Cadre wise)
11 Office Manual for satellite office staff
a Dress Code & Office Decoration
b Attendance Register / Visitor Register
c Petty Cash / Cash Voucher
d E-mail Communication
e Sale Kit / Others, if any
12 Work Ethics ( Employee Responsibility & Non Disclosure Agreement)
13 a Sensitization on Safety & Emergency
b Location of Fire Extinguishers, Emergency contact No. & First Aid Kit
14 Introduce of all employee @ work Spot
15 Issue of Probationary Appointment Letter
16 Orientation Schedule
17 Receiving of Field Report
Signature & Date of Reviewer
Thanks & Regards,
The Joining Kit Could include following:
3.Values Handbook(if any)
4.HR /Employee Manual
5.Email id creation form
6.Bank Account creation form
7.Internal telephone directory
8.Leave Application Form
9.Important policies of the company
I just saw your query, i guess most of the points were covered by our other HR floks, if your company already has a Banker through which you make Payments (slary etc.., ) those documents also should be completed on the same day when an individual come for joining formalities.
dos and donts if any in organization, schedules of working hours, calender , one gift like Digital Mug, T-Shirt of company logo, etc
Welcome kit should contain synopses of company’s policy including Do’s & Don’t ,Required stationary like pen,diary,stapler ,punch machine, stapler pins ,calculator, e-mail id etc.
Please don’t forget to provide job profile & Organogram of the department to be joined.
Do prepare check list of Agenda for Induction, policy description, List of core key person of company.
Do prepare checklist for welcome kit as per designation it will help to take final call.
If possible prepare welcome letter for motivating the new joining employees and display it in canteen or security gate where other employees can identify it.
Employee welcome letter signed by the Unit Head, Induction / Orientation Schedule, Compnay Vision & Mission, HR Manual containing all HR policies, Code of conduct, all necessary PPEs (Personnel Protective Equipments) such as Helmet, Safety Shoes, Gloves, Ear / nose masks (Since employee safety is first) those who are working in hazardous areas of Plant, Employee Insurance policies as provided by the company, safety policy, Leave Policy, Organization chart, Holiday list; List of Schools/Colleges in the city, City hospital details, Bank account opening form, Employee ID Card, Punching Card, Note book & Pen, Telephone directory of plant / office etc.
S. Srinivasa Rao
Officer (HR - P&A)
Welcome kit can have the following:
1. Induction handbook which tells about the company, HR policy
2. Appointment order-If this formality is not done earlier
3. Joining report- Info on the dept the incumbent joins, reporting officer and the HOD.
4. Forms like PF, Insurance, ID card, IT form for enabling mail access or alloting sytem, security pass form, bank account forms
5. Canteen pass if any.
6. Any form to collect employee personal data.
7.Please complete whatever possible formalities in the first day itself to avoid calling the incumbent often.
8. If his/her induction program is ready you can even provide that.
9. A company diary, company sealed pen, a company logoed T-shirt if any.
Here is the list:
WELCOME KIT CONSISTS of
1. Welcome letter with a Yellow rose for motivating the new joining employees
2. Allocation of Cabin / Desk / PC / Laptop ( Location & SL No If any)
3. Brief history about the establishment,
4. Calendar of Current year
5. Company’s cell phones & SIM
6. Company’s Hierarchy chart
7. Company’s HR/Employee Manual containing all HR policies, (Code of conduct, safety policy, Leave Policy, Insurance policies, Do’s & Don’t, Appraisal, Promotion, Grievances Handling System, Employee Health & safety policy, Disciplinary Procedure, Who will help you in emergency, Incentive policy, Attendance & Leave system etc.)
8. Company’s Organization chart,
9. Company’s Tokens for Canteen
10. Company’s Tokens for Parking
11. Company’s Work Ethics (Employee Responsibility & Non Disclosure Agreement)
12. Company's Brochure showing Vision & Mission
13. Current year’s diary,
14. Daily Planner Dairy,
15. Directory - Cell phone numbers of other employees
16. Directory - e-mail directory of plant / office etc.
17. Directory - Internal Telephone directory and Extensions of plant / office etc.
18. Directory - List with contact details of core key person of company.
19. Employee’s ID-Card,
20. Employee’s Induction / Orientation Schedule,
21. Employee’s Job profile & Organogram of the department to be joined
22. Employee’s own e-mail id and intranet login password
23. Employee’s Photos Session - Passport & Post card Size (for ESI)
24. Employee’s PPEs (Personnel Protective Equipment) such as Helmet, Safety Shoes, Gloves, Ear / nose masks (Since employee safety is first), for those who are working in hazardous areas of Plant,
25. Employee’s Uniform, Dress Code, & Office Decoration
26. Employee’s Visiting Card
27. Employee’s Working Hours / Weekly off / Holidays list;
28. Blank Form - Bank Account creation form
Blank Form - Leave Application Form
29. Blank Form - Email id creation form
30. Blank Form - ESI form (If eligible)
31. Blank Form - Mediclaim Policy Form,
32. Blank Form - PF form
33. Gift (like Digital Mug, T-Shirt of company logo, Wrist Watch, Tupperware lunch box or trendy water bottles etc.)
34. Introduce to all employees at work Spot
35. List of City hospital details,
36. List of Schools/Colleges in the city,
37. Map of Office layout
38. Map of workplace (if workplace is large),
39. Memory stick/Pen Drive
40. Punching Card,
41. Stationery (Note book & Pen, stapler & pins, Punching machine, calculator, Pencil, Eraser, Sharpener etc.)
You may think of other things too. Please add to the list to make it more comprehensive.
This are minimum thing you should provide him
1.Organisation chart with greater detail of the function to which he is joining
2 ID CARD and if you have attendanced swiping system details of the same
3.Policy of entry, exit restrictions, leave policy
4. Amentiies like canteen, transport
5. Stationery policy
6. Telephone/mobile policy
7.Bank application and bank account
8 PF account opening
9 Income details of previous employement if any
10. Pay slip explanation with deductions in detail
11 HRA/Housing loan declaration and others to help IT decutions
12. Transport pick up point and timings
13. Canteen procedures
14. Basic training to induct the person ISO/TS certification
15. Rewards and awards in the compnay
16 communicaton channels
17 REsolution on individual grievienaces
18 LAP top/Desk top policy
19 internet policy
Anything more specific to company and above all MISSIOIN AND VISION statement of the company to be explained in detail
all above mention but also include accomadation policies for married and unmarried, name of near by hotels,resutrants, market, near by banks, school,colleges.company distance from airport, bus stand or railways station, acompany with family, pets or not. joining time to intimate be before hand and contact information. food habits if required for welcome party. climate and weather condition of your place . whom to contact when come first time in city.
welcome kit should include the following items:
-company hand book
-company organiser(diary), scratch pad, stationery item s like pens
-food vouchers if any
-welcome letter from h.r head
-stress ball ( rs 50 per ball) it acts as a stress reliever
this is wat i got during my first assignment...i would get back to u incase i find smthin new...
COMPANY HAND BOOK SHOULD CONTAIN:
- COMPANY PROTOCOLS ON BUSINESS HOURS TIMINGS/ OTHER PROTOCOLS, HISTORY OF THE COMPANY, NO-EMPLOYEES IN D COMPANY,
LIST OF YEARLY HOLIDAYS, LEAVE DETAILS( CASUAL, SICK, EARNED ETC..), ADDRESS BY THE COMPANY CEO ON THE FRONT PAGE, DRESS CODE, SALARY CREDITING DATE, EMPLOYEE GRIEVANCE HANDLING POLICIES, ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTRE, LIST OF ALL THE PROMINIENT EMPLOYESS IN THE COMPANY I.E CEO, VP, PM, GM, FOUNDER MEMBERS ETC.., SYNOPSIS ABOUT THE COMPANY ETC...
I JUST REMEMBER THESE BROAD POINTS...I WILL GT BK IN CASE OF ANY ADDITIONS/ DELETIONS...
AnonymousYou can add a macbook + stationery + information about the company. If you want you can add an iphone to the list as well as it will create a good impression of the company. If the employee wants to leave the office he would have to pay for all the products and he will never leave in such case.
10th October 2016 From India, Thane
10th October 2016 From India, Thane