Assistant Manager Human Resources
Manager - Hr Excellence
Employee engagement means organizing welfare activities for you employees like annual picnics, annual day celebrations, monthly get together, sending off parties, cultutral events in view of festivals, etc...
Whereas Employee Realations means having good realtions with your employees, handling employee grieviances, taking opinion of your employees in every aspect, solving queries of your employees, etc.
22nd November 2010 From India, Mumbai
11th January 2011 From India, Chandigarh
Employee relations are one of key function in HR management.
Employee relations include subjects as follows
1. Employee engagement
2. Work life balance
3. Quality of work life
4. Conflict, bargaining, involvement and well-being
5. Tribunals and arbitration systems
6. Models of bargaining
7. Employee involvement
8. Employee involvement in practice
9. Health and safety
1. What is employee engagement?
a> Definition of Wikipedia:
Employee engagement is a concept that is generally viewed as managing discretionary effort
b> Definition of IES:
Employee engagement is a positive attitude held by the employee towards the organization and its values.
An engaged employee is aware of business context, and works with colleagues to improve performance within the job for the benefit of the organization.
The organization must work to develop and nurture engagement, which requires a two-way relationship between employer and employee.
2. Features of employee engagement:
• Understanding of business context and the ‘bigger picture’
• Respectful of, and helpful to, colleagues
• Willingness to ‘go the extra mile’
• Belief in the organization
• Desire to work to make things better
• Keeping up to date with developments in the field.
3. Diagnostic tools of employee engagement
• Training and development
• Performance management
• Equal opportunity
• Fair treatment
• Pay and benefits
• Health and safety
• Family friendliness
• Job satisfaction
• Immediate management
4. Different of employee engagement and employee satisfaction
Employee engagement is what we get when an employee is motivated by the job; is successful in the job; is well managed by the supervisor and paid fairly by management.
Employee satisfaction is what we get when we give employees things they want.
So that an employee may be fully satisfied but is unsuccessful.
Employee engagement activities
Employee engagement activities / programs
1. Picnic at regular intervals
2. Movie at interval of 2 months
3. A daily column, written by CEO, on the intranet with company announcements / programs etc.
4. Update via an overhead paging system, which is used to recognize employees for significant business achievements.
5. Employee suggestion systems / quick responses.
6. Replay on the intranet about the president’s / CEO’s press conference.
7. Live version of internal house magazine.
8. CEO spending time in face to face communication with staff.
9. CEO based FAQ questions on company business.
10. ONLINE “ask the CEO” mailbox.
11. Monthly staff awards
12. Annual staff awards
13. Weekly blog related to serious business issues and staff to read / comments.
14. Appointment of disaster management team
15. Appointment of emergency management team
16. Problem solving committee.
17. Quality assurance committee.
18. Conducting soft skills training program as well as required training programs
19. Online real-time tracking of progress. Employees can view company progress towards targets / goals.
20. Provide long term strategic vision for business growth.
21. Indoor Games as well as Outdoor games, like Chess, Cricket, Badminton etc..
22. Celebration of Employees Birthday
12th January 2011 From India, Bhubaneswar