Dear Seniors
Our establishment is doing some construction work under a government unit. In our contract agreement they have written that Labour cess is not applicable for this job.But now the official from labour office is visiting to our office for registration under Building and other construction in this dilemma situation what we should do?? Please guide me.

From India, Varanasi

Get Dual Certificates from IIM Shillong and SHRM →
Promoted: IIM Shillong - PG Certification in Human Resource Management (Explore Course)
It should be must to obtain the Registration Under the Building and Other Construction act,1996..Labour Commissioner is authority to recover the welfare cess at the rate of 1% max 2% cost of building construction..If your estb covered under Factories Act,1948 i have exwmpted
Santosh Kakde
Asst.Manager - Ir

From India, Mumbai
Even if it is the construction of a factory building, the cess is required to be paid. Rule 4 of Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Cess Act, 1996 imposes a duty on the government office (your principal employer) to deduct 1% cess and deposit the same with the Board.

From India, Chandigarh

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server