Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Recruitment & Selection, Training &
+3 Others

Hi everybody,
I need to know regarding PF withdrawal.
I worked for company A for 4 years. Then I changed to company B in may 2009, and there I applied for transfer of PF from Company A to B. Then again in November 2009 I changed to Company C, but here I didn't transfer the PF by filling up the transfer form but provided them with the same PF number.
Now I want to withdraw PF amount of company A which was transferred to company B along with Company B's amount.
Now my worry is, how will the PF office know all these details and how much amount to give me?
Will PF office know that I am requesting to withdraw amount of Company A+B and not company C, which is current and will there be any hassle, because Im using the same PF account number.
Please help its confusing.

From India, Bangalore
With every change in company you can not have the same PF number. Provident Fund account number comprises of a Regional Code (say, AP for Andhra Pradesh, KR for Kerala or TN for Tamil Nadu) followed by a sub regional code (say, HYD for Hyderabad, KK for Kozhikkode etc), then an establishment code in digits and finally the account number allotted to a particular employee alone. When you joined company C you should have got a PF number which will have an establishment code similar to all the employees in company C. I do not know how your account number did not change.
If you have transferred the account of A to B, then your contribution slip should display such transfer. You can check with the Regional/ Sub Regional Office of the PF Organisation whether the transfer has been effected. If so, you can withdraw the amount by using form 19 and 10 C separately for company B and C.

From India, Kannur
Thanks for your help Madhu much appreciated. When i Joined company C, I didnt transfer the PF from company B.
I just mentioned the existing pf number and filled the PF form and handed over to HR in Company and they happily took it.
One thing you have made clear is that I will have no hassle of withdrawing PF of Company A + Company B.
Can you please clarify what would happen if the PF amount from Company C is still going to the old PF number and whether I can withdraw the PF amount of company B by approaching Company B Accounts dept.

From India, Bangalore
Hi Krinix....
First i would like to know that u r currently working in which location and my question when you change the company A to B then, Company A and B existing in the same location?
If company A and B are not in same location or in Same State then you cannot transfer the PF account Number to company B, it happens only when both the companies belongs to the same state. Andhra pradesh etc..... So each PF account number consists of State codes, for example for Andhra Pradesh its AP, Maharashtra is MH etc....
if your all three company i.e. A,B and C are in Same State, even then you cannot withdraw the amount but you can take the Advance from the PF account by providing required Form 31 to the regional PF Commissioner......
If any more doubts please reply me.....

From India, Hyderabad
Your company C can not deposit PF to the account of company B. The HR of company C should have given you a new account number striking out the account number written by you. You can verify the accounts by personally going to the Office of the EPFO where your company C's PF accounts are maintained. Since you do not know your account number (with the company C) you just mention the company name and your name.
Dear Shabbir, there is no restriction for transfer of PF from one state to another or within one state. Similarly there is no restriction regarding withdrawal of amount. The only restriction for withdrawal is that you can not withdraw the amount while you are in service.

From India, Kannur
Thanks shabbir and madhu. I did go home check thoroughly and yes I do have a new PF account number with Company C. I was stupid not to check that. But your info was apt and to the point. It did help me after all.
Hopefully I should now have no hassle picking up Pf of Comp A+B.

From India, Bangalore
Dear, There will be interrelation between PF Branches. If PF transfer is applied from a to b, cocerned PF branch will send for verification whether he is having such a.c. or not
From India, Jaipur
I am Changing my existing company from Pune to an other company jamshedpur & wants to transfer my Pf amount to my new company still i have not joined, can any one suggest what shall i do or i have to withdraw the pf amount.
From India, Pune
You can keep the account for transferring once you join another organisation or withdraw it. If you keep it, you will earn interest for 36 months. If you are sure that you will not join any organisation, then you may withdraw the amount.

From India, Kannur
If you have UAN then you can directly apply for pf withdrawal. You do not require your previous employer’s approval for getting this application processed. However, the only challenge with this option is that most employers do not share the UAN with employees and in the absence of UAN this option cannot be availed.
Get a PF withdrawal form, fill it and submit the same directly to the regional Provident Fund Office. This procedure requires identity attestation since the PF office would want to be sure whether the right person is applying for withdrawal. Hence, your withdrawal form needs to be attested by one of the following listed authorities –
Any Bank Manager
A Gazetted Officer
Magistrate/ Post/ Sub Post Master/ President of Village Panchayat/ Notary Public

From India, Faridabad

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co