Asst. General Manager - Hr
Human Resource Planning, Recruitment, Selection,
23rd September 2009 From India, Hyderabad
Please note, there is no single formula to arrive at Salary Breakup and there are different formulas followed by different organizations, as per their own thinking and convenience. While deciding salary structure one has to remember following points
- Most of the statutory liabilities like PF, Gratuity, and Bonus etc. are percentages of Basic plus DA. Hence any rise in Basic or DA will increase statutory liabilities
- It is not necessary to have DA in Salary Structure. For that matter none of the items are compulsory or must.
- Income Tax treats some salary items (HRA, Conveyance) differently for the purpose of calculation of Income Tax liability. Hence organizations decide the breakup considering legal provisions to minimize tax liability.
- Some organizations keep some or all items of salary structure as percentage of Basic Pay. Whenever there is increase in Basic Pay, other items also increase automatically.
- Some organizations keep some or all items of salary structure as fixed allowances. In this case allowances remain uniform in respect of all employees. These allowances won’t change unless specific rise is given in those allowances.
- Some organizations divide entire gross salary into fix percentages to arrive at breakup of salary structure. In this case only percentages are uniform but allowances of individual will be different.
Also search for previous posts on same subject. There is lot of material already available on citehr.
Thanks & Regards
24th September 2009 From India, Pune
I am newly appointed as HR-MANAGER,in an educational institute. The total number of employees are 60.but employees drawing salary less thn 6500/p.m. are only 5. I want to know the institute is coverable under E.P.F.and E.S.I.C. ACT or not.
Thanks & Regards
24th April 2010 From India, Delhi
Kindly calculate..the 30% basic in the CTC.
40% HRA in the Baic.
TA deduction (approx 800/month).
PF-12% of Basic.
Bonus - 10% Baic
(I think he/she is not application to ESIC deductions).
Medclaim - as per company agreement with (Insurance commpany).
Other Balance amount to be in special pay.
11th June 2010 From India, Madras
29th September 2010 From India, Jammu
Could you plz share rules for DA calculation in salary structure
27th November 2017 From India, Bhopal
i need very urgent.. kindly sent in excel format
8th December 2017 From India, Chennai