Dear Friends

I am Jeevarathnam. I joined for a small software organisation in the month of March 2009 as Admin Manager. As soon as I joined here I gone through all the certificates & I found In shops & establishemnt certificate has to be ammended coz of the increase of our employee strength. Earlier admin dint even maintain any records as per rule.

As soon as I found the descripency I met Sr. Labour Inspector regarding the Ammendment. he told as he is going to inspect the organisation. Inspection over and as per his requirement I prepared all the documents and even then he is demanding huge amount as bribe. But our director is stright as not going to pay bribe. He accepted & acknowledged all the reports as well as he accepted original regestration certificate along with FORM A for ammendment but now he is not giving the certificate. He is askign our director to his office to collect the certificate. Our director is not willing to go there.

I have the acknowledgement of FORM A as well as the copy of the fees paid challan. Can any one suggest how to get the certificate or will be there any problem in future if we dont have the original regestration certificate. More over I have the copy of the certificate also.

Please suggest me

Thanks in advance


From India, Bangalore
Sr. Hr Manager
Labour Laws & Ir
Doctor Siva Global Hr
Labour Consultant
Middle Management
Ajay Shukla
Industrial Relations
+1 Other

Hi Jeeva,
Pls dont pay bribe. Until unless we stop giving bribe this system wont change. Pls inform his higher authority if any coz when we faced the similar situtaion we informed his higher authority or file a complaint in anti corruption dept.
See how things work out soon once that officer is aware of the complaint.

From India, Delhi
Dear Jeeva,
In our opinion send the reminder by regd. post or by hand with a copy circulated to all his seniors & even then he does not pay attention on your request then meet the senior officer personally.


(Labour Law & Legal Consultants)

From India, Delhi
Dear jeeva
You should contact with his senior if they are unable to help you ,Handle this situation practically ,Give some bribe from your pocket go there with vigilance & Anti corruption also media dept & fix him .I have fix many matters with the help of media you will look ,he will touch your feet.

hi jeeva,
its not a problem with you,if u submit the papers in time with appropriate documents then its problem with labour dept. SO NEED TO WORRY,

From India, Madras
Dear Jeeva.... Pls contact with ministry of Labour to resolve this issue.... Regards Kalpesh Patel Labour Consultant 09377591001

Here few things to keep in mind before taking any action:
1. Check your records, retruns relating to Labour all are ok
2. Check all compensation and benefits for the Labour and staff. Is these are as per Law.
If everything is ok and as per Law and you feel you can justify you are going correct for every thing ( as per paper). Then there is no need to worry about this and you follow Mr. N.K. Khola's Reply
otherwise you follow Mr. Kumaracme advise.
Today's market practice is differ from book. Situation/Environmental analysis is always needed before taking any action.
Manager-HR & Admin

From India, Gurgaon
Send a letter under RPAD to him and copy to his superior referring to his date of inspection mention the records he had inspected, incase of any non compliance state a date within which you would comply with. End the letter with the original certificate that he had taken with him and request to send the same back. Every fortnight send a reminder and things would work.
P. Hari:lol:

Dear Jeeva,
U might have submitted the registration form and ammendment in duplicate,and must have one Office copy of that. No need to panic for any thing just keep the office copy with you bearing the inward no. with date from the labour office. Put your remarks that the ammendment is underprocess. I beleive , U met the Labour officer of ur circle.
He has to mark "obection" if any on your application for non issuance of the New registration.If Labour commissioner asked for any compliance in this regard,u produce the office copy and reason for pendency.
Rest will go in your favour.
Keep on trying this will certainly help you.
Digvijay Sarin

From India, Gurgaon
Dear Jeeva,
I can understand its very frustrating situation ,however look it as learning experience.checks your facts.
Are you talking about contract labour Registration certificate with labour department or shop and establisment license from the municipal body.Form A comes in amendment of Shops and estb license.If you are not working in a factory ,then labour officer role doesnt come into picture.
Please check all relevant details and then only react.
Also keep regular contact with the GLO, till you are not sure. My personal advice in terms of bribing happens only when your records are not straight, further maintain a cordial relations with the GLO and tell him the company policy and if he is good guy he will agree on it, but for that you will have to make a good rapport with him.( Show your genuiness)
Also take your Director in confidence so that if time comes he will also have to support you .

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server