1) Pls go through in detail, this excellent work compiled by an association. It clearly shows the mis-planning of our governments. You will realize what kind of a situation we industrialists are in & propably you might even hear the death bell of your industry. We could not have a worser life (or) death situation than what we are in.
2) Amidst this grave situation, what is more painful is that we are clearly offered as a sacrifice for the welfare of MNCs around Chennai, Metropolitan dwellers in Tamilnadu. If we do not fight hard with our government for our rights, we industries surely cannot survive. Do we not need to defend our rights to be treated equally amongst all HT consumers in Tamilnadu, either legally (or) by representation ? How can we be discriminated with the MNCs that are setting up shops in Chennai and are ensured interruption free power supply by agreements & many other tax sops, while we are forced to shut down our industries ?
3) Just for your information, a state like Andhra Pradhesh that has very less source of power generation, has almost no power cut this year, Gujarat is with Zero Powercut, Karnataka is only with 5% Power Cut. Where is Tamilnadu heading ? Still our government is signing agreements for MNCs like Suzlon at Coimbatore for 80 MW interruption power supply, Saint Gobain Phase II at Chennai for 400 MW interruption free power supply, Ashok Leyland - huge capacity, Boeing Aircraft for a very huge capacity, etc. This means that we may experience power cut much more than 60% in the short future !. Where are we industrialists heading ? How can the fixed costs be met ?
4) Just be aware that by increasing the power cut timing to rural Tamilnadu in the past one week, Chennai since yesterday is made power cut free. Are we beonging to Tamilnadu (or) Is Chennai only considered as Tamilnadu ?
5) Pls pass this to all your lucky industrialist friends in T.Nadu (textile / any).
20th October 2008 From India, Tiruppur
Discuss problems openly with your peers around the world without getting into company specifics. Access to years of such problem discussion data and business material is at your finger tips.
All resources created by our members are available to everyone at no cost.