Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
General Manager-hr
Hr Professional
+5 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear All,
I am working with a Multinational Pharma company since 2 year & 8 months .Earlier i worked with an Indian Pharma comapany for 1 year & 3 months.When I joined my present company in Jan 2006 I neither transfer nor withdraw the PF.As my PF no was not appearing in my salary slip(old company)I enquired about the same with HR they said , amount which was deducted from salary every moth that time was deposited in a trust and provided me the PF Number .Both my PF Account is in the State of Maharastra.Should I withdraw the same or should I transfer it to my new companies PF Account.If I withdraw old PF is it taxable.Or if transfered the same to my New PF wheter that will considered for this years tax deduction.Please get me proper answer.Please get me answer for this
Thanking in Advance

From India, Bangalore
Mr. Vivek,
First of all you have to get the old PF account number. If you know the employer's account number, you can get it from the website itself. Even otherwise also it should be possible, but most of the PF sites are remaining unupdated. It is therefore practical to get the number personally from the office of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation of the area of your previous employer.
If you want to withdraw the amount you can do so by submitting forms 19 and 10 C to that office through the previous employer. Otherwise, send form 13 through your present employer for transfer of the amount. If your previuos employer can not be traced for his signature in forms 19 and 10 C it is better to transfer the accumulations to the present PF. In both the cases, PF amount will not attract tax.

From India, Kannur
Dear Madhu,
Thank you for your guideline.Sir still I have 2 of the old salary slips with me.One shows no PF No: where as other shows PF No 140.When I contacted the HR after my resignation PF no given by them was MH/1565/678.Which one will be correct how can I check it.Whom should I approch to get the details of my old PF.Expecting your guidence.

From India, Bangalore
Hi Vivek,
Following PF No. MH/1565/678 is valid. contact ur previous employer and get the authorized signaure in Form 19 & Form 10C and surrender ur PF amount. It will take 30 days from the date of submission of forms to have ur money deposited in ur account. Sometimes it might get delayed also.

From India, New Delhi
Hello Prathima,
Thank you for leting me know that my PF A/C is a valid one.Please let me know how you was able to verify that my PF A/C is valid.Once again thanking you for your advice...

From India, Bangalore
Dear Vivek...

To know whether your PF number is correct click onthe following link:
Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), Chennai <link updated to site home> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )

Fill the required fields like State, Office location, Company code (in your case 1565). Your company name will be displayed if the code is correct.

Try it.


From India, Bangalore
Only the employer can calculate and give u a rough picture about ur balance in PF.
For that matter even u can have a rough picture by calculating the amount they have deducted from ur salary so far from the day one. Also include the employer contribution. So add both and include a nominal interest of about 8%.

From India, New Delhi
Dear Vivek ji,> You say that you are working in MNC, if the firm is presently running business ? If so you write your employer and ask the PF A/c number.> The same this with the next employer.> If the period of time is crossed one year ie. your resigned date, If you want to withdraw the PF you have to give shurity bond on the Non juditial Stamp paper along with the Form 19 & 10C. This you have to apply separately for each employment.> My suggestion is better to transfet it into present employment. You will not loose any service in the pension.Regards,PBS
From India, Kakinada
Sir / Mam,
My PF Account no. MH/45479/14. I had resign from my previous job to 31st Nov 2007. I had made complete my PF wiitdrawal formalities with co-operate my previous company Printech Peripheral Pvt. Ltd. in 1st JAN 2008, Second red form also submit before 4 months but not yet clear my PF amount. So please tell me what is status of my PF withdrawal amount.
Mahesh Wadekar

From India, Mumbai
Follow it up with ur previous employer. Else look for the status Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), Chennai <link updated to site home> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )
Probably ur applicaion might have returned back to ur employer incase of any pending documents like Form 3A..

From India, New Delhi

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™