Hiten Parekh
Hr - Pharmaceutical Industry
Hr Executive
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear seniors,
I would like to know whether under Contract Labour Act, the Principal Employer needs to give Form V to the Contractor each time the licence is being renewed.
Kindly clarify.
J. Subramanian

Hi, Yes , when ever the license is to be renewed the Form V have to be taken. Cheers, Harshad
Regarding labour license renewal. we are still in some confusion. the thing is for renewal. Form V need not be issued. just a letter from PE is enough.
I agree with Jose. I have seen this being practiced for years, in three different states. - Hiten
Hi Subramanan
For the purpose of Renewal, read the Rule No. 29 of Contract Labour Act 1971, which speaks that, the contractor who would like to renew his licence, had to put up his application in Form VII, in triplicate, there is no need for him to take Form V from the principle employer, if he work with the same principle employer for the next renewal licence year.
If he change the organisation and want to renew his previous licence then he got to obtain fresh Form - V certificate from the new employer and submit the same with Form VII.
Mohan Rao
Manager HR

What Mr.Mohan Rao says is true. For renewal - Application Form VII for CLRA and Form IX for ISMCL.
Dears, For renewal there is no requirement for form V, only request fee along with original license is required Anupam
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™