Consultant, Writer And Trainer
Good At Writing Diaries, It Skills
Thank you very much for such a detailed information. I would like to add some more to this.
1. Due deligence should be very clear
2. Employee dis-satisfaction to be avoided
3. Conduct common understanding programmes with the executive level employees of the company which you are going to takeover.
4. Negotiate and make the Union Leaders understand about the entire issue and their future positions after M&A.
5. Clear assessment of Manpower to be done
6. Understand the Org. Structure/Salary Structure and try to reduce the parity between the two companies.
7. Understand all the legal cases pending with the acquiring company and take full accreditition of the cases to take next steps
8. Information to sent to all the bodies as per statute.
9. Proper Audit with re to Fixed and Tangible asset to be done and accordingly value to be determined.
10. Proper retrenchment policy to be implemented for excess staff
These are the points on top of my mind.
10th August 2006 From India, Hyderabad
24th July 2008 From India, Calcutta
We are in the process of acquisition with a Multi national Company.
I am asked to issue appointment letter in the new company name and get resignation letter from the previous company.
It would be very helpful if i can get specimen letter on informing the employees about the acquisition. As it is very sensitive issue, I wanted the communication very clear.
12th August 2008 From India, Madras
I am dinesh. I am MBA student doing project on The role of HR in mergers and acquistions. Can anybody share your materials with me. My submission date is very close.
Please mail me if there ia any material regarding HR issues in Mergers. My mail id is
12th January 2010 From India, Bangalore
Can some one tell me what are the actual HR issues for a small company which wants to merge with another small company, even though one of them owe some funds to the acquirer due to merger.
How to transfer PF from previous to current.
Should a gratuity be paid to previous company employees , who would actually move over to new company before taking them on rolls of new company or will it get considered as continuous service.
Legal issues of merger of brand
16th July 2010 From India, Kochi