PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
Use factoHR and automate your HR processes
Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.
narinder_kDear Friend thanks for the reply. But still i have some more queries with me, please clarify.
Am working in a BPO industry, where we have 50 staff working with us. We have received the ESI Code for the company. Now am in the process of getting filled the forms from all the staff. Along with the application form i have form #3, to fill. ESI staff informed me that form #3 has to be filled for males staff and females staff separately. Now i want to know what should i do next after getting the forms filled.
2. Do I have to maintain some register apart from attendance register.
3. Our head office is a Delhi, and all our staff salary is credited from that end. So how wil I know that all our staff ESI amount has been credited to their account.
4. Do I have to send any weekly,monthly reports to the ESI office. If yes, pls eloborate.
From India, Madras
1.After getting the Declaration Forms filled from the individual employees, you need to summarize the same in Form 3.
2. Form 3 in duplicate alongwith the Declaration Forms will be submitted with the Local ESI office who will allot temporary numbers & give one copy of the Form 3 for your records.
3. You do not have to maintain seperate attendance register.
For your last query -
If ESI Code obtained at Chennai then
* As the salary is being credited/processed from Delhi, you have to advise your Delhi office to deduct the employee's contribution and you have to deposit the employee and employer's contribution through challan at Chennai.
If ESI Code for the Company obtained at Delhi
* The employee's contribution can be deducted and deposited at New Delhi and copy of the same (Payroll showing ESI contribution deduction from employee) and Challan should be sent to you for records.
No monthly returns are to be sent to ESIC. Only Half yearly returns are to be submitted with the ESIC office alongwith the original challan of deposition of contributions.
From India, Jalandhar
Thanks for all information regarding ESI,but as per my knowledge if our co. have branches in all india and suppose head office its in Delhi then we should get code from Delhi and Statewise Subcode is necessary to deposit local employees challans and returns because ESI is statewise not centralised.
Kindly confirm me am i right?
From India, Gurgaon
ESIC permits both centralised payments or statewise payments. However, it would be prudent to make remittances vide separate challans in r/o each branch, the payments can be made at your HO(delhi) itself.
Because when an ESI inspector visits one of your branch office for inspection, it would be imperative for that branch incharge (the employer) to produce the compliance particulars in r/o the employees of that branch to him/her.
Similarly for costing purposes too, making separate challan payment would be highly advisable.
From India, Madras