Senior Executive - Hr
Runa Patil
Hr Manager
Yogesh Somani

Thread Started by #Riya1

Hi all,
please advice me.....
My friend has joined some xyz concern as HR -exe ..They asked him to provide original certificate ..He submitted the 10th original certificate...He worked for 1 week now he is not interested becauz they asked him to do marketing and counselling and they asked to stay till 11pm so without notice he left the job...he asked for original certificate they said first pay the amt for 2 months salary .Plz advice me what to do for this..
27th May 2008 From India, Coimbatore
Dear Riya,
No company has authority to withheld anything of the candidate....
Neither they can refuse to give original certificate back nor ask for two months salary....
There is no such law prevailing...
You can ask your friend to convince them for giving certificate back....if they do not agree then you can definitely take some legal actions...
You have not mentioned whether there is any sort of bond with the company or not....
To my mind, Company cannot do this to your friend..
27th May 2008 From India, Vadodara
Hi Riya,
Did your friend got any offer letter or appointment letter from company?
If yes, then you`ll defiantly get some clues to deal with this matter.
I found few company's keep original certificates of marketing candidates. It is just for precautions taken by company that marketing person, who are on field, should not abscond by taking company`s property. But as your friend had been joined for HR then how can they take original certificate from him? What offer did he got as Executive HR or Executive Marketing?
Ensure that your friend has no due against company.
You just read carefully all clauses in offer/appointment letter , accordingly try to show them that your friend is not wrong otherwise you can just warn company that your are going to take legal actions.
27th May 2008 From India, Chandigarh
Hi Chaitali and Runa,
Thanks for your response
yes He got a offer letter and they have mentioned in offer letter that if u left the office without notice he has to give 2 months salary.I will ask him to convenience them.
27th May 2008 From India, Coimbatore
just check your friend's offer/appointmnet letter for any probation clause. Generally a company demands such big notice period only after confirmation.
Also, no company can withhold original certificates.
27th May 2008 From India, Mumbai
Hi yogesh
Good morning
Ofcourse they have mentioned the probation period for 6 months,if a employee absconded service without any notice the employee has to pay 2months salary back.How it is possible!Now my friend called them and asked about certificate that HR said first pay 2 months salary.How can we give??????.Shall i ask him to deal this matter with the help of advocate.
Thanks in advance
28th May 2008 From India, Coimbatore
Hi Riya,
sorry to reply so late.
Tell your friend to go ahead and speak to the company HR.
Ask him to say that if they dnt gv the certificate he is going to labor court as no company has got the right to keep originals with them.
16th September 2008 From India, Mumbai
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™