jayesh-shrimali
I had exited from the company where I had worked for eight years. Also, the company had changed its rules for the notice period to 3 months a few months back.

I had given my notice period of 1 month, seven days, and have informed my manager from day one that I can't serve more due to a new job opportunity. Also, during that time, I emailed the manager to release me on my requested timeline of 1 month and seven days, but he is just rejecting the same. Also, on the last day of my exit, I gave all managers mail informing them about my last day in the company and that I had handed over all my assets to company persons.

Now the company is paying me gratuity but showing the reason for separation as "Seperation-Absconding".

What is my right to avoid showing Absconding in Gratuity form?

Madhu.T.K

Why should a Gratuity 'form' contain he reason for separation? You are getting the gratuity, right? Then collect it. Ignore what is written as reason for payment of gratuity. But ensure that you get a relieving letter which does not show that you have abandoned the job. And there is no word called 'absconding' for leaving an employment. Moreover, you have served the notice period as per your original appointment order. If the change of notice period has not been issued in the prescribed form as per section 9A of the Industrial Disputes Act it will not be valid also. After all in respect of employees not having managerial rights (managerial rights not manager by designation) there is no need to give notice if he wants to leave the company.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.