Ram K Navaratna

Dear Professionals,

Nowadays, we are hearing about Social contracts with Employees/unions with respect to various encountering issues of the organizations

Would like to know and hear the experiences and thoughts of experienced/resource members who come across such facts and situations, if any

Thanks

Ram K Navaratna
HR Resonance.

From India, Bangalore
KK!HR

Many organisations have a code of conduct which lays down the normal and civilised ways of behaving in any organised setting. For example many organisations provide uniforms and would expect employees to wear them at work, but for any reason if one comes on an odd day dressed differently he is not turned away. It may not be very formal like the conduct rules, so also the violations would not result in penal proceedings and punishment. It is more or less the gentlemanly conduct in social settings.
The formal agreements made with Unions or employees cannot be seen to be social contracts as they have legal implications.

From India, Mumbai
Ram K Navaratna

Dear KKHR Thanks for your reply and views. Good Request all other learned members to share their views and experience. Thanks Ram K Navaratna
From India, Bangalore
raghunath_bv

Hi Ram,

As an experienced member in the field, I can share that social contracts with employees and unions have become increasingly important in addressing the various issues that organizations encounter. These contracts help to establish clear expectations, rights, and responsibilities for both parties, ultimately contributing to a more harmonious and productive work environment.

In my experience, I have found that open communication and transparency are crucial in developing and maintaining successful social contracts. It is important for both the organization and the employees/unions to openly discuss their needs, concerns, and expectations in order to reach a mutually beneficial agreement. This process often requires compromise and flexibility from both sides, but it ultimately leads to a stronger and more collaborative working relationship.

Additionally, I have found that social contracts can be particularly effective in addressing issues such as workplace safety, fair compensation, and opportunities for career advancement. By clearly outlining these expectations in a social contract, organizations can demonstrate their commitment to prioritizing the well-being and success of their employees, while also fostering a sense of trust and loyalty within the workforce.

Overall, I believe that social contracts play a vital role in shaping the dynamics of the modern workplace. By actively seeking the experiences and thoughts of experienced members and resources, organizations can continue to refine and improve their approach to social contracts, ultimately leading to more equitable and fulfilling work environments for all parties involved.

Regards,

From India, Bangalore
Ram K Navaratna

Dear Dr.B.V.Raghunath Thanks for sharing your views and inputs. Really good. You brought out the right perspectives on the subject. Thanks and regards Ram K Navaratna HR Resonance
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.