Hetal Maroliwala
Hi, I want to write a small welcome email for our assistant branch manager who joined on 16.8.23. Kindly suggest how to write as a team.
From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Such small communications you can try by yourself. Unless you practice you cannot improve. Just refer the following;

Dear _____

It is a pleasure to welcome you ! We are pleased to have you as one of our team members. We look forward to building and developing our professional relationship as we navigate towards future success. I am confident that your expertise and competencies can enable us to succeed. Congratulations and welcome aboard.

From India, Madras
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Hetal Maroliwala,

In what capacity have you raised this post? Are you from HR Department? Otherwise, Do you hold a senior position? Generally, welcome letters or emails are sent before an employee joins the company. Once he/she joins the company, the physical welcome is given anyway. Therefore, a welcome email or letter does not hold water. Nevertheless, in a few companies, a welcome letter is given by the MD or the Director of the company. The draft of such letter is standardised and the HR Department is just expected to fill in the blanks and issue the letter.

The second sentence of the post says, "Kindly suggest how to write in the team." Do you mean to say that the letter will be signed by all the team members? But then the Assistant Branch Manager (ABM) joined on the 16th of August whereas you raised this post on the 17th of August. Therefore, as stated earlier, a physical welcome must have been given. Why do follow up through email?

Modern practice: - Sending welcome letter or email is a good idea. It fosters written communication in the organisation. However, lately, the idea has become passe. Nowadays, the team members make a welcome video and send it by WhatsApp to the joining member. The average mobile phone has a built-in editing facility. I wish you had used this opportunity. The second option was to give a welcome greeting card signed by all the team members. The incoming ABM would have preserved it as a souvenir.

Draft of the Letter: - Notwithstanding what I have written above, I wish you had prepared a draft of the letter and uploaded it on this forum. Some seniors like me would have corrected it. Possibly, an overzealous member may provide you with the draft but what if it is laden with grammatical or other mistakes? Check this forum and you will find poorly drafted letters! Otherwise, you had the option of using ChatGPT also.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.