No Tags Found!

sheetal.mendonsa
Hello, I have a lot of unclaimed provident funds from 2009 until 2013. Back in the day, there was no UAN process. How do I retrieve PF?

I have already written to the ex-employers but I've not received a response yet.

Location Mumbai. Thank you for taking the time to read.

From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

PF money if not claimed ( and not active) for more than 5 to 7 years then the same will be moved to unclaimed fund as per PF office. In your case you haven't claimed PF for more than 10 years. So you should have some proper justification for not claiming PF for such a long period. Usually members claim that they worked at Abroad etc. An explanation letter addressed to PF office is required. You can claim by submitting Composite claim along with all supporting documents. But offline claim might take much time.

Alternatively you can request your last employer to create UAN and can transfer as well.

From India, Madras
sheetal.mendonsa
Thank you so much for responding. Means a lot. Your response got me to think what happens to the interest in such a case and also what is a composite claim form.
From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

If your PF account does not receives any contributions for more than 3 years interest won't be credited to your PF account after the 3rd year.

For PF claims earlier Form 19 & 10C was used. Now the same is replaced with Composite Claim Form.

https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_doc...CCF_aadhar.pdf

From India, Madras
sheetal.mendonsa
Thank you so very much! I truly appreciate this. Will get to taking care of this that you so much once again.
From India, Mumbai
shweta-d-and-39-sa
You will get the interest on your PF account till the age of 58 years as per PF rules (as amended recently).

For claiming your PF, either contact your employer or the PF Office directly with the details of your PF Number. A copy of old payslip or PF statement will be of much use at this juncture.

You need to apply in physical format - Form No. 19 and 10-C and obtain the employer's signature on it and submit to EPFO.

It will take a maximum of 60 days for settlement.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.