No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hello, Can I leave the company in training without serving the notice period if I didn't accept or sign any employment contract or bond?

Was enrolled in training program and trainee letter states that failing to attend training for consecutive 3 days will automatically terminate training program..no mention of notice period or payment for unserved notice period in the trainee letter..

From India, Patna
Madhu.T.K

Without signing any contract of employment how did you join the company? If you have signed the offer letter as accepted the terms and conditions mentioned in the offer letter that is enough to establish that you have entered in to a contract. If that contract contains a notice period during training period, you should follow that. Of course, if your position does not involve any decision making powers or you are employed not in a supervisory or managerial position, then you can skip it.

Training letter is an office order and if it states that the program will be automatically terminated if you do not attend the training for three days, it only means that the training is terminated and not employment. Termination of employment should be as per contract of employment only.

From India, Kannur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, Leaving a Company without any information is not ethical for whatsoever reason it may be. Discuss with your employer and take a call.
From India, Madras
Anonymous
Hello Madhu mam, we were suppose to get the offer of appointment letter only after completing the OJT(On job training)and passing the certification exam..that is after 21 days.

Only then the job is secured,so for securing the job we have to pass the certification that's why initially they didn't not gave any Offer Of appointment letter

Earlier they used to give offer letter before training but later on they change the rule. Our trainer and HR also told the same

So can I say that I am not an employee as of now because I haven't signed the contract or appointment letter ?

From India, Patna
Madhu.T.K

Yes, you are not an employee and you can leave at any time you wish. No notice is required.

One important thing,,,,, please don't call me madhu 'Mam' because I 'can't' be a mam anyway.......see my photograph in the profile!!!!!!

From India, Kannur
Anonymous
Sorry madhu sir,. Didn't checked that..
Thank you for replying

One more question sir, Can they put me in absconding list then even after this ? If I am not their employee and didn't signed any contract or bond

I got the mail saying that they will put me in the abandonment of service

From India, Patna
Madhu.T.K

They can do it if they are under a strong employer syndicate or association like that in IT companies. It is because of this kind of harassment that many employees stick to the job. But if you think that this job is not you coffee, then you should leave it right now ignoring the consequences. Legally they cannot do anything. But morally, it is always good that you drop a mail saying that after perusing the detailed job description you find that this is not matching your expected profile and therefore, you are opting out.
From India, Kannur
Anonymous
Okay madhu sir..I think I will take this issue to competent authorities because putting me into absconding list for no reason will hamper my career growth specially when I didn't signed any contract letter

I wanted to ask that Can I mark the exit myself in the epfo portal ?

From India, Patna
Madhu.T.K

You can mark exit by visiting your member portal. But I am not sure if it requires the approval by the employer to make it effective. However, if the employer is not approving it, you can lodge a compliant to the EPFO and get it approved.
From India, Kannur
freelaw-india
u can leave any time by being absent for continuously for 3 days, as per words u have mentioned. better speak directly to me or share the letter u have mentioned here.
From India, Meerut
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.