No Tags Found!

krishnarajpr

We have our HO at Chennai. We process and pay salary for staffs at Chennai as well as Staffs at Salem, Coimbatore etc.,
My problem is we have a ESI Employee code number at Chennai through which we pay the ESI amt. deducted from Staffs at Chennai.
But as far as Other stations are concerned, my doubt is should ARE WE BOUND TO PAY ESI if our staff strength at the respective branches is below 10.
Presently we have separate ESI Empoyee code for all branches irrespective of the fact that whether there are 10 staffs or less/more than 10 staffs.
As far as Salem is concerned there is only one staff (like a resident rep)and salary is paid through Salary Account Bank.
Please clarify whether we are bound to pay ESI for branches at various places out side Chennai if our staff strength is less than the prescribed limit fixed under the ACT.

From India, Madras
Murugavelu

Dear Member,
The following points will help you to understand the provisions of the ESI Act.
The Act when it becomes applicable and subsequently the strength is less than 10, the act will continue in force even though the prescribed strength is less.
If the branches are having separate legal entity and separate books of accounts are maintained, you can have different code numbers and you can file the returns separately.
The employee may work at any place, but where he is getting salary, whether that branch is covered under ESI act or not, are the deciding factor for coverage and non-coverage of ESI provisions.
Regards.
Murugavel.B
Chennai.

From India, Madras
sathishkumarsk2000
Hi
Pls. note the below.
1.You may take the ESI main code @ Chennai if the employee strength touches the prescribed limit
2. Now for other locations you need to take ESI - SUB CODE so that the people working in this areas can avail treatment from local ESI dispensaries otherwise not
3.Monthly ESI remittances will be done from HO - cHENNAI
4.Half yearly ESI returns has to be done from respective locations.
5.No question of NO limit in sub locations i.e. even for 1 member, you can take a sub code for ESI & then only he could avail local treatment.
Hope the above is clear.
Regds
S.Sathish Kumar

From India, Madras
SATHEESHMRF
Hi Sathish Kumar,
I m facing the following problem, we have one & only office in chennai, but our technicians working at diff locations in tamilnadu where we dont have branch office, we are distibuting the salary from chennai and maintaining all the records in chennai.
When i went to file the declaration form ESI manager refused to accept saying u r choosed the dispensaries in salem, madurai, trichy and mentioned as local office here in chennai, he asked me get the sub code from the ESI branch office where dispensaries choosed.
So let me know what to do whether i have to get the sub code from regional office chennai or from the branch office where esi dispensary is located.
Pl help
regards
satheesh

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.