rakeshrch

1. TDS on salary to employee
a. What are advantages and disadvantages for Employer.
b. What are advantages and disadvantages for Employee
2. TDS on perks to employee
a . What are advantages and disadvantages for Employer.
3. GST ?on perks to employee
a . What are advantages and disadvantages for Employer.
4. IS perks given to sales team Exempted from TAx?

From India, Bangalore
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Rakesh,
It appears that you have some misgiving on the Tax Deduction at Source (TDS). Tax deduction is a compulsion and not a choice. If TDS is mandatory then where is the question of advantages or disadvantages to the either party? For timely deduction and further submitting the IT return, the employee has advantage by not getting notice from the IT department. Second advantage of timely payment is not required to pay the penalties. There are advantages to the employees also. When employer deducts TDS, at the time of filing of IT return, employee can take input credit for the amount that employer has deducted.
Secondly, TDS is on the gross salary. Thirdly, if the perks given to employee exceed Rs 50,000/- per month then it attracts GST.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
rakeshrch

Thank you for clarification Mr Dinesh.
Few more clarification on the same
1. Do the TA given to sales or any other Employee is tax exempted? Is there any limit
2. What happens to the following given perks given to senior executives/VP/Dir/MD/CMD?
Mediclaim
Mobile Expenses
Landline & Internet Expenses
Fuel Expenses
Travel Expenses
Vehicle Maintenance Expenses
News Paper & Journal Expenses
Is it tax exempted ?Is there any limit to it?
3. GST - as clarified it is above 50k, so does it includes the regular tax on perks (if deducted) and on that GST?

From India, Bangalore
saswatabanerjee

I think you better speak to the CA in your company or to your company's auditors. You are completely confused in all matters concerning tax.
As for GST, it does not apply on any employee related payments - ie - any payment made by employer to employee in course of employment

From India, Mumbai
rakeshrch

OK, Thanks Is it fine if I reach you over your number?
From India, Bangalore
nanu1953

Dear All,
AS per Schedule III of the Central GST Act, 2017, services by an employee to the employer in the course of or in relation to his employment will not be treated as supply of goods or services. Thus, the salaries and other allowances that are paid by the employer to the employee, as part of the employment contract are outside the purview of GST. Also, all reimbursements of expenses incurred by employees, in the course of their employment, would be outside the levy of tax under GST.
The employer and the employees are deemed to be ‘related persons’, in terms of Section 15(5) of the CGST Act. As per Entry No.2 of the Schedule I to the CGST Act, supply of goods or services or both between related persons when made in the course or furtherance of business would be subject to levy of tax under GST even when they are made without consideration.
Moreover, as per Schedule I, gifts exceeding Rs 50,000/- in value in a financial year by an employer to an employee shall be treated as supply of goods or services or both.
Experts in GST can add more value to this subject. But in future HR will be required to restructure the CTC based on GST compliance taking guidance from experts.
Thanks & Regards,
S K Bandyopadhyay(WB)
USD HR Solutions
+9198310 81531

From India, New Delhi
rakeshrch

Thank you for the clarification about the GST.
From India, Bangalore
lohithgr1981@gmail.com
Dear All,
Please let me know on what basis TDS has to deducted when the employees salary structure as below:
Basic : 15000/- Mob All : 500/-
HRA : 7500/- Internet : 500/-
Travelling All : 800/- Local Trav : 3000
Medical All : 625/- Total CTC : 34000/-
Spl All : 6075
Total Gross Sal: 30000/-
how to deduct on this scale please guide me.
Regards
Lohith

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.