No Tags Found!

shruti.V

What is minimum limit of House Rent Allowance in private companies in Bangalore? Maximum is 50% in Urban and 40% is Non-urban,, M i right?
From India, Bangalore
jeevarathnam

Hi There is nothing as Minimum HRA. If you declare HRA less than the exempted amount then if the employee is tax payee then he/she will be ending up in paying more IT.
From India, Bangalore
shruti.V

Thanks Jeevarathnam, I wanted to know if there is any minimum limit set from employer?
As I am getting HRA as 11% of my basics, and I'm living in rented house. generally it is 40%, so at end of year I will end up paying more tax.
Is there way I can ask for more HRA by reducing amount from my spacial allowances (keeping CTC same)?

From India, Bangalore
Vilok Nandan
Shruti,
There is no fixed rules that what percentage of your basic should be your HRA. It depends upon company to company.
1) Actual house rent allowance received from your employer
2) Actual house rent paid by you minus 10% of your basic salary
3) 50% of your basic salary if you live in a metro or 40% of your basic salary if you live in a non-metro
This minimum of above is allowed as income tax exemption on house rent allowance.
Warm Regards,
Vilok Nandan

From India, Pune
fc.vadodara@nidrahotels.com

Speak to your HR, if company policy permits to change the HRA Vs. Spl. Allowance, it is always advisable and also HR/Finance do keep employees benefit in mind before finalizing the Salary Structure.
From India, Ahmadabad
imsathese

Dear All,
Its almost the same question.
I'm employer setting up different pays for employee. In Bangalore can i set any minimum % as HRA to my housekeeping employees(Minimum wages ranges from 7,751 to 12K,..based on profile). Housekeeping folks wont generally be earning much to pay tax.
My question is can i set 7% or 8% or any minimum % for their HRA.
I understand the maximum slab 40% and 50%. But my question is on the minimum percentage.
thank for clarification.

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous
Dear Seniors,
Presently one employee gets gross salary 13000. (basic+DA= 8375, HRA=2570, Conveyance=1600 & Other Allowance= 455)
As per min. wages 2018 his basic + DA supposed to be 14100.
Can i increase Basic+DA to 14100 and keep rest components zero?
Is paying HRA compulsory?
Thanks & regards,
PJd

From India, Bangalore
pawan-kumar1
Hi friends could you please tell me about HRA claim process in private jobs can we claim it monthly from employer if we are not coming under tax paying category Pls help

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.