No Tags Found!

suhas_sapre
Sir, I have been issued two memos related to misconduct for no reasons. I have not replied them nor given any explanation to these memos. Now I have been harassed and my loan is not approved for that reason. I was told that they would initiate actions against me. Should I give explanation to earlier memos? Till date there is no sign of taking actions against me. Please guide me how could I close the chapter for ever? Should I write a letter of an apology so that the chapter can be closed forever, or should I wait till they ask me to give in writing? The memos were issued in 2013 and 2014 July. Memos issued earlier and not given any explanation for so long, should be deemed to be cancelled? Am I required to give in writing anything.
Please guide. Thanks.
SS

From India, Vadodara
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Suhas,

Check my replies in italics:

Sir, I have been issued two memos related to misconduct for no reasons. I have not replied them nor given any explanation to these memos.

Comments: - I doubt any company will issue memo to anyone without reason. Nevertheless, if you felt that you have been framed then why you did not give timely reply and justified your stand? You could have cleared the matter that time itself.

Now I have been harassed and my loan is not approved for that reason.

Comments: - Whether to give loan to employee is the discretion of the management. It is employee's not entitlement but privilege. Since your name was under the cloud, authorities perceive you as a person with doubtful integrity, hence the denial of loan facility. Denial of loan cannot be construed as harassment.

I was told that they would initiate actions against me. Should I give explanation to earlier memos? Till date there is no sign of taking actions against me. Please guide me how could I close the chapter for ever? Should I write a letter of an apology so that the chapter can be closed forever, or should I wait till they ask me to give in writing? The memos were issued in 2013 and 2014 July.

Comments: - Strange are the ways of your management. They issue show cause notice but keep quiet even though employee does not respond to it. They should have awarded the suitable punishment assuming you have nothing to say. Nevertheless, even now also you may clarify your stand, ask for apology if it warrants and clear the matter.

Memos issued earlier and not given any explanation for so long, should be deemed to be cancelled? Am I required to give in writing anything.

Comments: - Do not assume anything. If you keep quiet, you will still keep matter hanging. You need to settle this issue once for all.

Final comments: - What is your designation? What is the logic of continuing in such company? Are there any compelling reasons? I recommend you giving reply to the show cause notices, clear the mist and quit the job. Workplace relationship rests on the foundation of trust. In your case this very foundation is weak. How will you be able to grow on weak foundation? In your future employment never ever do anything that puts into question your integrity.

All the best!

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
korgaonkar k a

Dear Dinesh ji,
Very perfect answer by you.
Dear Suhas ji,
Only thing I would add to Dinesh ji, if you keep quiet means you accept the facts mentioned against you in the letters issued to you and this will be kept in your service record.
In case of any misconduct by you in future, the management will certainly take a note of your past service record for not to take lenient view against you.
You have broken your relationship with your management and mind well, relationship is such a thing once broken, can not be repaired.

From India, Mumbai
sngugi
I had a similar request from a lady working fo a Chain of Supermarkets as an accountant. My advice was similar to Dineshs's and I adviced that she makes immediate reply to the memos and put her case upfront. Silence is often construed as admission of guilt. She is still working there and I believe the advice I gave her worked.
Simon Ngugi

From Kenya, Nairobi
suhas_sapre
Thanks. I have been working in Bank for last 29 years and had never stained in my career. In fact I have been issued certificates of appreciation from my customers as well as Retd employees. I have been a recognized personality in my town and I have the best of abilities to serve human being. My misconduct has nothing to do with getting my loan approved as my sr. retd colleagues opined.
Now tell me how to write an apology letter so that I could be in the good book of management for ever and my service file looks better.
The two memos issued just for not allowing me to proceed on leave when I was very much required to accompany my family and I had left by giving my charge to the BM, who denied the same with prejudice.
Please guide me.
SS

From India, Vadodara
Ddoaba

If the alleged misconduct is not committed by you decline in writing under proper acknowledgement. Be careful in future and keep the evidence to prove your innocence.
From India, Chandigarh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.