No Tags Found!

harshakanhai
Hello,
I am working in an IT company having 6 days working from 10:30 am to 8 pm (45 min lunch break).
In last few months most of our senior developers have resigned as soon as they completed their bond period (2 years) when i (hr) asked the reason for their leaving then they reverted as they did not liked the policies and want 5 days working.Which is not beneficial for the company!
We have thought of giving flexible in out timing with working hours fixed as 8.5 hours.
What other policies should I change? since we want retention and our team leaders to stay!
Kindly suggest retention strategies which can be win win situation for both (company as well as employees)
Thanks
HR Harsha
attribution <link outdated-removed> #ixzz2pzLCPI3i

From India, Indore
saiconsult

The retention strategies are many and what makes employees stay in one organisation may not work with another organisation.You need to employ strategies that address the specific problem. In your case it is the six day work schedule that is making the employees leave but not any other issue connected with behaviors and attitudes of the staff or the reporting authority.With working hours fixed between 10.30 A.M to at 8.00 P.M hours per day, the total working hours per week comes to 52.30 hours, thus exceeding the stipulated 48 hour a week work schedule by 41/2 hours a week which can qualify to be over time. You can explore the possibilities of paying them OT for the excess hours or reduce the working hours by 45 minutes, keeping it to 8 hours per day with flexi - timing (it means they should put in 8 hours of work per day with entering and exiting at their convenience, however fixing the outer time limit within which they can do this) and enquire with the employees whether this will satisfy them.You can also think of compensating them by way of additional remuneration that works as suitable incentive for making them wok for six days a week.

B.Saikumar

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.