No Tags Found!

jekavitha

Dear All,
Am working as HR in a mid size organisation, attaching few retention tool kindly go through and share your views...i strongly feel these strategies would help us out to minimise the attrition...
Pl share your thoughts, whether these strategy would work out best for mid size org?...
Also suggest me some strategies..
Specifically am also looking out for strategies that would prevent the new joiners from absconding in few months..
Regards,
Kavitha

From India, Chennai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pptx Retention Strategy.pptx (206.1 KB, 754 views)

couvery

The presentation you have prepared is really nice work of you and it covers many aspects that work as retention strategy.
The most important thing is to prevent attrition is to make your employees feel good working in your company and based on that you should prepare company policies.

From India, Lucknow
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Kavitha,
You have shared the presentation. Have you prepared the presentation?
On slide No 2, you have given data on why people stay. But then what is the source of this information? Who has conducted this survey, where it is conducted and what was the sample size? There is no information.
Above all, you are working in HR then have you tried implementing the strategies that you have shared with others? Which worked best for you? Which did not work and why? What other challenges did you face in implementing these strategies? Are the strategies mentioned in the ppt is your wishlist? These details are important than presentation itself.
Thanks,
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
jekavitha

Dear Dinesh,
Thanks for your time in looking into the PPT and sharing your views..
Yes i had prepared this PPT based on my views i feel these strategies would work out to retain an employee to certain extent..
And this survey conducted was in general got it from google, hence am not aware of the sample size..
could you pl put forth your views whether these strategies would workout for mid size org?... and few suggestions from your end " Retention Strategy"
Regards,
Kavitha

From India, Chennai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Kavitha,

Good to note that you have taken my views in right spirit.

When we quote some data, it is important to quote the source of information. Please note.

Yes, retention strategies will work surely. But then these will differ from one industry to another. These will also differ from one company to another. For example, TCS and mid-sized IT company in Chennai are from same industry but then retention challenges would differ for both.

Coming back to slide No 2 again. What your slide does not mention is "employee empowerment". In India, there is no empower to speak of. Decision making is heavily centralised. Frankly speaking businesses from India are controlled by certain castes. They have their own way of doing the business. It is in their DNA. These people will never change come what way. New generation has acquired MBA degrees from foreign universities. But the ground reality did not change at all

In the same slide what you have given is positive aspects of retentions i.e. dos. But then what about donts? Employee retention also depends on the motivating work environment. Now motivations needs differ from person to person. What is the use of retaining that employee who is not necessarily motivated? He/she sticks to the company but for some different reasons. Click the following links to read my reply on employee motivation:

https://www.citehr.com/427885-motiva...ml#post1934498

https://www.citehr.com/455372-techni...ml#post2040493

Employee exit is not bad per se. If exited employee becomes positive spokesperson in the job then what else do you need?

Thanks,

Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
jekavitha

Dear Dinesh,
I completely agree with you, for mid-size IT company can you pl suggest some retention strategies?...
Few concern which i am facing is :
quite high on unauthorized absence within one month of joining
And i wanted to retain my long term employees ( will an employee development program work?)
Regards,
Kavitha

From India, Chennai
vishaldudhate

Dear Kavitha,

I have gone through your pppt its quite nice and you have tried to cover many aspects.

I would like to suggest you the following:

1.If you want your employees to be retained then " keep them inspired".

2. Activities like Peer Appreciation should also be taken up.

3. Visible Perks like cookware, refridgerator, cars do become a retaining factor for the firm.

4.Security aspects like Reimbursement of hospitalisation expenses in reputed hospitals for family members, Parents etc also have a big impact on retention of employees.

5.Free abroad tour for for employees sponsored by the company for learning, education or could be a sabbatical for education etc can also become a retaining factor.

6. Identifying stengths and weakness of employees, creating an action plan for improvements and also creating an individual development plan by training and coaching them for next higher level position is also a retaining factor.

7. Implementing engagement initiatives like formal communication framework- listening exercises, enhancing leadership skills.

8. Team building activities can also be taken up alongwith execersies to identify weak areas in the team and also creating action plans for improvement.

9. "CULTURE OF RESPECT" should be created which does go a long way in retaining employees.

To remember that employees can be retained by giving them the "INTANGIBLES" which are difficult for the competitors to replicate .

Hope this helps you.

From India, Mumbai
jekavitha

Dear Vishal,
Thanks for your suggestions, overall concept i got it from you...will work on it
If you could brief me what exact activity can be implemented in a mid size org for retention?
That would be very helpful
Regards,
Kavitha

From India, Chennai
vishaldudhate

Dear Kavitha,
For mid sized organisations following activities can be taken up:-
Identifying individual areas of improvement and making action plans in form of training.
Talent Engagement initiatives like Formal Communication framework – Listening exercises, town halls, Birthday bash, Motivational Guru Poornima day, customer delight day.
teambuilding activities.
Fun at Work activities at organization level.
SWOT analysis
Hope this is the exact answer you are expecting in terms of exact activities.If still not please revert.

From India, Mumbai
jekavitha

Dear Vishal,
Currently we are doing these activities at regular intervals... but my management team feels these activities contribute only liltle part of retention..
My main concern is to retain new joiners who leaves the organisation within a month ( unauthorised absence)
Pl brief on SWOT analysis.. is there any particular way to conduct this?
Regards,
Kavitha

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.