No Tags Found!

vinayshankar.s
Hi,
I am a trainer into financial services domain with exposure into product and process alone. I would like to expand my horizon and get into Training from an HR perspective and hence contemplating on the ISTD Diploma. I have 7 years of experience in the financial services industry-5years into sales and the last 2 into training and sales development. I am a senior manager taking care of the product training requirements of 2 regions. Please suggest whether ISTD would be a good choice and any other alternatives that would suit my profile.

From India
ACT

Hi

As financial services trainer, you have carved out a niche area for yourself and I would strongly suggest you branch out into training in related areas. Topics like finance for non- finance personnel, investment avenues for the salaried class, demystifying stock markets, mutual funds and insurance etc. have a very vast scope if the training is made interesting, practical and tangible results visible.

The reason I am not encouraging you to branch out into HR related training is because that space is getting over crowded and the skill sets required for that is different from your current area of expertise. More importantly you have a very specialized knowledge and a niche domain that can be explored and harnessed by you.

However having said that, it is possible that you have your reasons for exploring training avenues in the HR space. ISTD would certainly be good diploma that would give you a focused approach to training. The other alternatives are doing a Train The Trainer program from a recognized training setup. Another way to go about it is to attend training programs by established trainers on topics of your interest, understand and appreciate the nuances of the subject and then research and work out a module that suits your style of training.

As a future HR trainer you might find the contents of the following Inspirational and Motivational blogs interesting

www.actspot.wordpress.com – Over 1,25,500 views and 775 followers

www.poweract.blogspot.com – Over 38,500 views and 200 followers

Best Wishes

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.