No Tags Found!

nvphad
Sir, Pl advise.-
If a employees Last year salary of three months (Nov to Feb)paid in the month of April 2012.
In this case shall we deducted last three months P.F. tax in April 2012. and shall we paid total P.T of Rs.3600/-. What is the paying limit.

From India, Pune
rubi_pattnaik

Hello,
yes u r entitled for the whole P-TAx amount from the back dated.
Now let me know in which state u r working, b'coz PT slab is different from state to state & will be deducted according to slab wise

From India, Delhi
nitinkumar18
Subject - BOCW Act Compliance
Dear Madam/Sir,
We are into construction industry, and for our work recently we have taken BOC license, since our client is deduction 1% cess from our claim bill, then how to shoe it in our returns to the labour dept.
Should we obtain any certificate from our principal employer for showing the deduction under Cess.
Regards,
Nitin

From India, Bangalore
boss2966

Dear Nitin
Normally the Contractor should make the payment of BOCW Cess to the BOCW Commissioner. But in your case, the Principal employer themselves deducting and remitting to the BOCW Commissioner, then you need not to worry about the remittance of BOCW Cess. For the said deduction details you must be having the proof of deduction in your bills. Hence you can concentrate only on registration of your workers as Beneficiary under BOCW Act.

From India, Kumbakonam
korgaonkar k a

Dear Shri. Bhaskar ji,

Greetings of the day!

I would like to correct you with due respect to you Sir. The Cess under the BOCW Act is payable by the Principal Employer and not by Contractor(s).

This is because:

i. the assessment of cess is done on the basis of total construction cost (excluding land cost and compensation paid / payable under WC) and not on the basis of contractors billing.

ii. the information to be furnished to the assessment officer in 'Form I' is done by the Principal Employer and not by Contractor(s). The assessment order is passed on the basis of this information in 'Form I'.

However, the Principal Employer can make recovery of the cess amount from contractor's billing if it is provided in the agreement signed by both the parties. It is totally a separate issue.

I do not know if Gujarat Govt. has laid down different procedure to collect the cess.

Comments from you and other members are welcome.

Thanks and regards.

Keshav Korgaonkar

Shantadurgaent.com,Insurance Advisors,Corporate Advisors,Legal Advise,Wage and salary,Shantadurgaent.com,Labour Compliance Audit,SSI registration,NOC from

From India, Mumbai
korgaonkar k a

Dear Shri. Nitin ji,
You should have started a new discussion under separate thread. The current thread is on Professional Tax.
Thanks and regards.
Keshav Korgaonkar
Shantadurgaent.com,Insurance Advisors,Corporate Advisors,Legal Advise,Wage and salary,Shantadurgaent.com,Labour Compliance Audit,SSI registration,NOC from

From India, Mumbai
ramit1416

Dear All,
Is that any Limit of OT hour in a day/weak/quarter as per BOCW act. Kindly clearify my confussion. Pls i request to all do not mix OT hour as per factory Act.
I only concern with as per BOCW Act.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.