kathyjoseph1985
I joined a reputed Airine company based in Gurgaon in December 2010 and was under probation for 6 months. I must put this forward that it was the worst company to work for. While I was under Probation I quit the company by serving 1 day notice. As per my offer letter it is written that if an employee is leaving an organization with probation period than he or she has to serve a notice period. If a confirmed employee leaves the organization than he has to serve a notice period for 3 months or pay salary in lieu of that. As I left the company while under probation without serving any notice period, then my question is can a company sue me for this? I did receive a letter to pay the settlement amount but its nowhere written in my offer letter that I have to pay a one month salary if I am under probation. Then how a company can sue an employee when there is no written document which says that the employee needs to pay a one month salary if he leaves without service notice period under pro
From United States, Cambridge
sumitsaxenagist

Generally every company has a provision of a notice period for employees under probation and confirmed employees. It may vary from 7 to 15 days or even 30 odd days in some specific cases. Was there something mentioned in your letter that during the probation either you or the company can terminate the employment without giving any notice?
Ideally no company would have a clause like this, but if you have it specifically in your letter then feel safe...

From India, Faridabad
loginmiracle

Dear Joseph,
You shouldn't have an iota of doubt, for all service conditions U'll be governed by your terms & conditions as per Your Apptt. letter and your co's Conduct & discipline Rules. When they R silent then only other statute provisions come to play. Pl.refer yr's.
kumar.s.
bg.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.