No Tags Found!

rashmi_sbs

Dear All, Kindly suggest how to motivate the employee for the clean of their respective working area. Plz suggest some guidelines or instruction for the same.... Thanks in advance. Regards Rashmi
From India, Lucknow
ACT

Hi Rashmi

I can understand your desperation in attempting to find ways and means to get employees to keep their workstation tidy. I presume gentle suggestions, pointed reminders and subtle threats have not worked and alas the net result is a disorganized and shabby work environment.

Frankly employees have to be motivated from within in matters of tidiness and self discipline. However a simple beginning can be made by emphasizing the maxim ' A place for everything and everything in its place'. This would follow the dictum that what is frequently used is kept on the desk / close to the desk so that it is within reach. Those items required less frequently kept further away and the rarely used stuff out of sight but in an accessible place. ( You can perhaps occasionally visit people and compliment them on a clean desk to motivate them. Conversely when you walk up to an untidy desks, you can attempt to put the desks in order after seeking their permission so that the message becomes more emphatic that a tidy desk is good corporate culture)

If you want to implement a more professional system then you would have to go for the 5'S system which is part of Kaizen. Broadly that would require implementation as under

Sort - the first step in making things cleaned up and organized
Set In Order - organize, identify and arrange everything in a work area
Shine - regular cleaning and maintenance
Standardize - make it easy to maintain - simplify and standardize
Sustain -maintaining what has been accomplished

Hope these tips can help you get your employees motivated to be organized, tidy and more productive.

Best Wishes

From India, Mumbai
boss2966

Nice Advice you have given Mr. Jacob. Yes, As said by you, if a person go and ask an employee, May I help you to keep your workstation neat and clean and start arranging the papers and materials, obviously it will make the embarrasing situation to the employee concerned and certainly he will start maintaining the same in future.
Then one more thing I would like to tell here is we can declare a prize for Maintenance of Clean Workstation by the employees. for the month or for the week.
You can try these and check what is the progress / development taking place in cleanliness in workstation.

From India, Kumbakonam
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.