No Tags Found!

sandhya.patnaik

Hi all,
I am Sandhya, working for a software company as HR.
Kindly anyone help me to know the best practices for Employee retention.
In my company freshers are joining and leaving the organization without any proper notice period.
They tell some personal reasons for leaving which we can abide.
And we dont believe in writing bonds also.
SO please help me to get the best practice to reduce the employee turnover.
Thanks & Regards,
Sandhya.

From India, Visakhapatnam
consultme

Hi Sandhya,
Here is some of my suggestions to tackle this
1. If you are finding more attrition among freshers, it can be due to error in recruitment process. So study your recruitment process, discuss with line folks, management and collect feedback and then arrive at actual issues. If required, realign the process
2. Try to understand the salary offered in similar industry for similar positions and check for parity. You may not be able to completely eliminate parity, however can reduce it to some extent
3. Try to make your induction/orientation process, interesting and useful for the candidates
4. Do not allow freshers to go non-directional when they join and ensure that they are away from 'lost souls' in your organization
5. Do not overload freshers (any new joinees) and at the same time do not make them idle too
6. Give them hopes and help them to be passionate of the work, which they are supposed to do

From India, Bangalore
balajam
Innovations in Recruiting Strategies

- Jobs, managers and business units will be prioritized in order to maximize the impact on the business (given the limited resources in recruiting).

- Competitive-intelligence gathering will be added to the goals of corporate recruiting.

- HR functions that are involved with any aspect of the recruiting process will be integrated through common metrics and rewards.

- There will be a heavy focus on utilizing the “retired workforce” as contingency workers. In conjunction with that trend, there will be a renewed focus on hiring contingent workers during high growth periods in order to provide flexibility when the downturn occurs.

- Additional income will be generated by making recruiting a profit center and selling surplus candidates to non-competitors.

- Strategies will be shifted so that most recruiting for key positions begins before the need rather than just responding to recent openings.

- Strategies and processes will be developed specifically to target the candidates with the highest potential success rate and to actively discourage the large volume of unwanted and unqualified candidates that typically flood the recruiting process.

- Managers will take more ownership and a greater role in recruiting, as more accurate ROI calculations demonstrate the critical impact of recruiting on their business success.

Thanks,

Jambu Sreenivasan

From United States, Jersey City
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.