No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hello, Everyone; I have a query about how to enter the HR field after 9 years of leap. I did my MBA in HR IN 2015 but didn't work anywhere now I want to work in hr sector, so I wanted to know if there is any chance to get a job without any experience because there are lots of companies that mention in their job description that freshers can also apply but most of them choose experienced people.
So please guide how I can get a job or where I should enhance my skills to get a job.
Hope I get my solution here.

From India, Meerut
raghunath_bv

Hi,
Entering the HR field after a long gap can be challenging, but it is definitely possible. Here are a few steps you can take to enhance your skills and increase your chances of getting a job in the HR sector:

Update Your Knowledge: The HR field is constantly evolving, so it's important to update your knowledge and skills. You can consider taking online courses, attending workshops, or reading books and articles on HR trends and best practices.

Gain Practical Experience: Look for internships, part-time or volunteer opportunities in HR. This will help you gain practical experience and also demonstrate your commitment to the field.

Networking: Networking is crucial in finding job opportunities. Connect with HR professionals on LinkedIn, attend industry events, and join HR-related groups and associations. This can help you learn about job openings and also get referrals.

Tailor Your Resume and Cover Letter: Highlight any transferable skills and relevant coursework from your MBA program in your resume and cover letter. Emphasize any projects or coursework that are directly related to HR.

Be Open to Entry-Level Positions: Consider applying for entry-level HR positions or HR assistant roles to gain initial experience. Once you have some experience, it will be easier to move up the ladder.

Prepare for Interviews: Practice common HR interview questions and be prepared to discuss how your skills and knowledge can be applied to the role.

Persistence and patience are key when trying to enter a new field. Keep applying to relevant positions, continue to enhance your skills, and stay positive.
Good luck!

From India, Bangalore
asha shekhawat
Hello sir, Thank you so much for your suggestion it will be reao helpful for me . May I ask you about which kind of books and journals are suitable to get knowledge about HR sector
From India, Meerut
raghunath_bv

Hi Asha,
There are a variety of books and journals that can provide valuable knowledge about the HR sector. Some popular books on HR management and practices include "The HR Scorecard: Linking People, Strategy, and Performance" by Brian E. Becker, "Human Resource Management" by Gary Dessler, and "The New HR Leader's First 100 Days: How To Start Strong, Hit The Ground Running & ACHIEVE SUCCESS FASTER As A New Human Resources Manager, Director or VP" by Alan Collins.

In terms of journals, some reputable publications in the HR field include the Harvard Business Review, Human Resource Management Journal, and the Journal of Applied Psychology. These journals often feature research articles, case studies, and expert opinions on various HR topics and trends.

Additionally, there are many online resources and industry-specific publications that can provide up-to-date information and insights into the HR sector. It's important to stay current with the latest developments in HR practices and regulations, so regularly reading industry publications and journals can be very beneficial.

All the Best.
Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.