veenita shukla
Dear All
I am feeling very low pls help .I am an MBA in HR having three years working experience but because of planning my family I am on a long leave from last three years and it will be not possible to restart my job in coming two years as I am living in a necular family. My husband discouraged me alot he says that after Five years long break I will be finished .I am very disappointed at this time.Family planning is also a very important aspect of life. As a women this is my duty to plan our family.Will my career really be spoiled..

From India, Lucknow
nagapranathi
Dear Vineeta, Life or Career can start whenever u want to start fresh. But oly the thing is u have to work for it dedicatedly.. meanwhile update urself in the market. Good Luck
From India, Vijayawada
trapti

Ya vineeta thats true....always be optimistic...life is beautiful...u have to cherish this moment...Job definately u will get...so dont worry..be happy...and tell this to ur patner also....
From India, Delhi
alamu._r

Hi Vaneetha,
Yes family s also an important aspect of life.
But as per me no probs jus do any correspondence or diploma courses in HR which is hot in job market so tat u can able to keep in mind all those things related to HR and also acts as a recalling factor 4 u.
Also don forget to read the business newspaper n magazine so that u can also able to update urself about d current market status.
Remaining thing s only ur attitude to get d job in ur hands.
Hope 4 d best.
Nothing happens if u get depressed.
Jus come out of that circle n c d world everything ends well.
Regards,
Alamu.

From India, Raipur
rohit.bhatia

Veenita,

Well yes you have to decide what is more important as if now, family or job....im sure answer will be family....Its also its difficult to find the job after break..but its not Impossible...u can ..get back anytime u wanna...

But you have to keep yourself updated your self about industry whats on and whts off now...yes you can also do some job or work where you dont have to trravel to your office. Work from home...now days many consultancy do so..that way u can in touch with industry, work & most important family too...its totally on incentive basis....

Other way is to keep in touch with your friends, peers, subordinate & supervisor when your are on leave..to check whts ahppening & for future job too:)

Its not difficult to find job for ladies after break...you have very genuine reason for it...

Yes you can also go for further studies in HR..some regular courses or even distance learning(2-3 classes in a week)..you can try XLRI Distance learning program its grt...but little costly...

Stay positive and think what more important as if now..take things as it comes not just thinking about future..being mother is the best think can happen to woman (i dont know ppl say this)...

GO & WATCH 3 IDIOTS with your husband and enjoy time....(again if you have seen earlier, by motive to enjoy today)

Regards

Rohit

From India, New Delhi
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Vineeta
In days to come, it would be all the more common to find people taking long career-breaks, pursuing activities that they are passionate about, re-newing themselves and then plunging back into their vocation/occupation. People, in general, will not wait till their retirement, to pursue alternate activities which they consider worthwhile.
More and more employers will come to accept these facts of life, that a career without a break indicates a lack of healthy work-life balance.
I am sure, you have nothing to worry, as long as you keep yourself updated and keep growing.
Warm regards.
Raj Kumar

From India, Delhi
shijit

Hi Vineetha,
Meanwhile you can do some activities being at home. Probably some useful on line studies to update yourself with current trends and also can think of freelance jobs.
All the best.
regards,
shijit.

From India, Kochi
abhysharma
You may look for option of working part time(half day)/work from home,many orgnization offers such an option and start full time once you feel you have support system to take care of your family need.
From India, Gurgaon
hr_pr
hi vineetha,
never discourage in life
life is always a roller coaster sometimes going round..
so take utmost care that you and the other half are sitted to gether always
rest you a can always update yourself
regards
nadathur r

From India, Ahmadabad
samikshaa
Dear Vineeta!! You can work as freelancer recruiter while staying at home , so that you will be in touch with your profession . After 2 yrs , you can easily get the profile of recruiter.
From India, Chandigarh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.