No Tags Found!

HRgayathri

Dear seniors,
I am an HR in an IT company for past 2 years. Now, they are giving an option to move over to Business Development team seeing my skills. Already total of 3 yrs in HR in my career graph (2 yrs in this company +1 yr outside than this company), I am very confused. I was asked to give my answer on monday. Please guide me whether change of HR to BD will be good in future or if I opt for HR in future in an different company, will this BD part be an negative for me or to stay in the HR side itself and to tell them that I will remain in HR?
Need your valuable guidance to continue my career graph?
Need very urgent reply from you all to make up my decision - whether to accept this option or deny it?
Awaiting for your help.
-----------------
Gayathri

From India, Bangalore
aks143v

Hi, Gyatri , Dont move into BD - being a HR u also know what is thw status of a HR in comparision to BD people so remain in HR .
if u need any suggestion u can contact to me directly -
Amit

From India, Delhi
swetasawant

Don't let pressure to come on your head. If you have specilization in Hr and work experience of 2 years in HR than their is no meaning to join BD. BD are always target oriented and if yu are unable to fulfill the target you are over.
Ask company politely and make your stand clear that you wnat to remain in HR only
Regards
Abhi

From India, Ahmadabad
abhishek.s@v-angelz.co.uk
Hi gayatri.
I had gone through your problem, I would like to ask one thing whether you are an MBA(HR) or not, n second thing you are the best person who is gonna take decision on this matter because you will be the one who will steer your career.
If you think you can do better in BD then you should opt for this.
Opportunities never come again n again n if your seniors found some skills n qualities in you that to other department not from your existing department, which means you can do wonders .
All the best!!
WR,
Abhishek

From India, New Delhi
HRgayathri

Hi Abhishek,
I am an MBA graduate (HR and Marketing). Actually one incident which I think really made them to give this option to me is, I converted one raw BD lead into a client. I didnt know whether I did it unknowingly how BD guy works which gave me this option now. I am confident that whatever work assigned to me, I will do to my level best and satisfaction. But the confusion is, having 3 yrs of HR experience and moving to BD, will it hold good in my future?. As far in this company, it will look good. But this one decision should not spoil my career in future, Please guide me, seniors. I am yet to give this decision to my MD.

From India, Bangalore
dlghr89

Hi,
Please try to answer these questions to yourself.
a) Which profile do you enjoy- HR or BD.
b) Which challenges are more attractive - HR or BD?
c) You want to grow as a HR speciaist over next 10 - 15 years or you want to head the business?
Both of them have their own advantages and draw backs. People have shifted from HR to BD or other functions and viceversa after spending many years in one specific domain. So unless you percieve this as a trap/ move of your organization to ease you out you may definitely opt for a change over to BD. After all it is rare to find HR professionals heading businesses.
kind regards
Dayanand L Guddin
HR - Advisor
BOBST INDIA

From Singapore, Singapore
srinivas_81

As u said u have been given the option of BD. I suggest that u go for HR why becoz u have 3 years of experience and if u go to BD probably the question arises even if u go to interviews after having 3 years of experience why did u opt for BD even u good growth in HR why u chose BD. Make analysis of the positive and negative becoz it has to be weighed in certain other aspects also. Make self -ANalysis becoz u r better the person who can better judge.
From India, Hyderabad
snpillewar

Gayatri,
I think it is good opportunity for you if you are professionally ambitious person. If you want to move upward to CE/MD position in your sector then changing to BD will be good option. There are positives and negatives in staying back in HR. You are the right person to decide your priorities. BD may require you to travel and lot of client interactions.
BD will give you exposure in new discipline and very few companies give such options to the employees. If management is giving you such opportunity means you have attitude to do that job. I feel for betterment of future professional career it will be great.
I hope you will excel in new job also. There is nothing to worry since you have MBA HR & Marketing. Get informal assurance from the management if you would like to come back to HR in the future.
Best of Luck.
Shailesh

From Bahrain
anilkatteri

Dont go for BD because u already in HR you have good future in HR you need to increase your caree r skills go for manufacturing HR all the best
From India, Bangalore
maheshb79hr

Hello Gayathri,
You have got lots of comments, anyway let me put something across.. HR field is something which needs lots of market strategy and reports.. any hr post should be active on job or else the consideration level of an employer would be little lower than one who is active in the position..
I could recommend you to stay in the human resource field and get your self in a better prospect move. The reason is if you stop the field or change your field at this point this would be considered as only 3 yrs of exp not the one combined with BDO.. Rest lies in your hand.. Again for an HR they should be qualified in HR, for a BDO he don't need to be qualified in marketing...
Think and don't regret...

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.