No Tags Found!

kapil_srkg

Deepika, Nice work done One more point which i think can be added is "Monitoring & controlling". Post implementation, sustenance of the same is eqaully important. Regards Kapil A. 9891249111
From India, Delhi
varsha.taurus4
Hi Deepika, This is varsha here...i m new here...but i have seen ur PPT which u given for Decision making ...it’s very nice to learn these thing practical ways.
From India, Raipur
SATISH KUMAR DHANWAL

Gone thru the PPT. It is excellent piece of learning. It would have been more enriching if "decision making tree" as is taught in Operations Research been added to it. next, few slides on decision making while in a committee/group can also be alsoo added. Please keep posting such PPTs.
regards,
yours,
satish kumar

From India, Delhi
Raj Consultants
Thanks Deepika,
I'll implement it while taking decisions, however I look forward if anybody else even can give us suggetions as such.
Actually I'm working as a Business Development Manager Overseas Education Consultants, despit having real good number of Universities at USA, Canada, Singapore, Germany, etc., we are unable to pull out that much business.
I concluded lack of system at our firm.
Can anybody suggest a strategy, or back end process we can opt to have a systematic approach for our product propagation & to train our staff.
here the thing is we dont haver any practice of having manual inventory for or products & services just if some one walks in they counsel for getting incentive, thats all.
No proper interest, neither enthusiam at work place.
With no of our staff we found the spark to pay interest for the salary they are getting.

From India
Richie750
Hi Deepika,

I've been enjoying your power point presentations since joining Citeman. You clearly presented a topic that can certainly stimulate further discussion and exchange. Decision making is more of an art than a science. It is rarely cut an dried, black/white, yes/no. It involves a process which others can accept as fair. Here are three principles of a fair decision making process presented by Chan Kim in a Harvard Business Review article.

The Three Principles.

In all the diverse management contexts we have studied, we have asked people to identify the bedrock elements of fair process. And whether we were working with senior executives or shop floor employees, the same three mutually reinforcing principles consistently emerged: engagement, explanation, and expectation clarity.

Engagement means involving individuals in the decisions that affect them by asking for their input and allowing them to refute the merits of one another’s ideas and assumptions. Engagement communicates management’s respect for individuals and

their ideas. Encouraging refutation sharpens everyone’s thinking and builds collective wisdom. Engagement results in better decisions by management and greater commitment from all involved in executing those decisions.

Explanation means that everyone involved and affected should understand why final decisions are made as they are. An explanation of the thinking that underlies decisions makes people confident that managers have considered their opinions and have made those decisions impartially in the overall interests of the company. An explanation allows employees to trust managers’ intentions even if their own ideas have been rejected. It also serves as a powerful feedback loop that enhances learning.

Expectation clarity requires that once a decision is made, managers state clearly the new rules of the game. Although the expectations may be demanding, employees should know up front by what standards they will be judged and the penalties for failure. What are the new targets and milestones? Who is responsible for what? To achieve fair process, it matters less what the new rules and policies are and more that they are clearly understood. When people clearly understand what is expected of them, political jockeying and favoritism are minimized, and they can focus on the job at hand.

Notice that fair process is not decision by consensus. Fair process does not set out to achieve harmony or to win people’s support through compromises that accommodate every individual’s opinions, needs, or interests. While fair process gives every idea a chance, the merit of the ideas— and not consensus— is what drives the decision making.

Nor is fair process the same as democracy in the workplace. Achieving fair process does not mean that managers forfeit their prerogative to make decisions and establish policies and procedures. Fair process pursues the best ideas whether they are put forth by one or many.

Best regards,

Rich

MBA - Management and HR

From United States, Boston
V. Balaji

Hi Deepika,
It is a nice contribution!
There was a great man who used to take correct decision always and envied by one and all. Someone wanted to interview him and find out secret behind his success.
Interviewer: "Sir, how are you able to make/take correct decision always?"
Great man: "it is all because of my experience".
Interviewer: "how did you get this experience"
Great man : "Because of my bad decisions"
Therefore, decision making is a process (as you said). One has to learn from his past experience and the decision should be data based. It is not that you have to learn everything by your own experience. Learning can also be from others'. We must remember, "wise man will learn from others' mistakes, fools will never learn from even their own mistakes!"
Keep it up!
V. Balaji

From India, Madras
pupadhyay
indeed a good one. But let us not forget every decision is a good decision under given circumstances.

sadish_prakash

hi all. hope everyone like this ppt. regards. saran
From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pps MARS.pps (413.0 KB, 19 views)

sadish_prakash

hi all. illusion when you go near to pictures, the best photos that i look for ever regards. saran
From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pps Le_illusioni_di_Octavio_Ocampo.pps (945.5 KB, 27 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.