rags_saraf
Hi all,
I have designed a questionnaire for auditing and understanding knowledge management practices in a company. Since this is the first time I am doing this I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get regarding its analysis. Any help and suggestions would be very useful.
Thanks and regards,
Raghavendra.

From United Kingdom, Loughborough
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc QuestionnaireForFYP.doc (63.0 KB, 618 views)

nashbramhall

Dear Raghavendra,

What are you doing this survey for? Are you piloting the questionnaire and need feedback on its design or are you looking for ideas how to analyse? If it is the former, it's a good step. However, if it's the latter, then don't you think you should have thought about how to analyse the data at the time of designing and piloting, rather than after collecting the data.

Please see my post on Research Methodology at
<link updated to site home> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )
https://www.citehr.com/showthread.php?t=106849.

Assuming that you need feedback on your questionnaire, here are my comments.

Asking for personal info at the end is good; it won't put off the respondents.

In addition to quotation from Peter Senge, you should also state the purpose of the survey and why it is important for the recipients of the questionnaire to answer it as truthfully as they can.

Also, the 4-point Likert scale questions could have been set out in a tabular form describing all the anchor points. Now, by the time I came to the questions, I had forgotten what the instructions were. Without going back to the instructions, I might have marked them on a 5-point Likert scale, where 1 = Strongly Disagree and 5 = Strongly Disagree.

Please do not be offended.

You can see my profile at http://promentorconsulting.page.tl/About-Us.htm

Simhan

From United Kingdom
rags_saraf
Thanks for your reply,
I am doing this for analysis purposes for my project in knowledge management as my undergraduate report. And as you pointed out I had not given much thought to the questionnaire due to lack of experience in questioning and answer retrieval. I have gone through both the links you have sent me and I am very grateful for your help and support. If there is any other material you can provide it would again be of a lot of assistance to me. Being offended is out of the question :) .
Thanking you,
regards,
Raghavendra.

nashbramhall

Pl search www.emeraldinsight.com A friend from the University of Bolton, UK, has published a paper based on his PhD thesis on KM. His name is Kondal Reddy Kandadi.
I am sure you are capable of searching the web. Where are you from and where are you studying?
Simhan

From United Kingdom
rags_saraf
Hi,
Sorry for the late reply. I am studying in Loughborough university and doing my undergraduation in Information management and business studies. But I stay in India, Orissa. I frequently search for articles and materials from emerald. Thank you for letting me know about your friend. I will look into it.
Thank you so much,
Raghavendra.

rags_saraf
Hi again,
Sorry I forgot to mention a point, could you help me out by suggesting me material regarding awareness of KM practises in an organisation and also the same on importance of top management support. I have looked over web of science, zetoc and emerald but i get very specified search results. I am looking for something more general.
If you dont mind me asking sir, where are you based? I am very glad to meet scholarly individuals from India. My focus is knowledge sharing and knowledge management practises in Ferro Alloys Corp. which is based in Orissa aswell. It is a family owned business which has been going on for numerous years and I was wondering if you are in touch with knowledge consultants who can come to analyse and consult for introduction of knowledge practises. Hoping to hear from you soon.
Thanking you,
Raghavendra.
p.s. The thesis is of great help. Answers major questions for my project. thanks again :).

alpona halder
Hi The questionnaire was a great help for me.As working in gropus of five ,each individual is required to ask new questions.This questionnaire showed me a new dimension
From United Kingdom
IkennaDuru
Hello, i was just going through your posts. I am currently doing a Km research for my dissertation. I am studying at Kingston University london. I would like to see the final draft of your questionnaire and also how you analysed it. your help is greatly appreciated.
Ikenna

From United Kingdom, Kingston
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.