No Tags Found!

patricia

hello can anyone explain for me what is the difference between appraisal performance and evaluation??? And is it enought for waiters to do a yearly evaluation???
From Lebanon, Beirut
dheerajgoyal

Hi
I guess the basic difference is that once is a process & another an outcome .. An appraisal has to be preceeded by evaluation but the converse is not true .. An evaluation need not necessarily lead to appraisal , it may purely for providing development opportunities or a basic snapshot/track down of the current level of perfomance ..
Regards
Dheeraj

From India, Calcutta
samvedan

Hi,

Operationally, there is NO difference between the two.

Both lead to your/organization's judgement as to the performance of the individual in question. Appraisal sounds more refined than the Evaluation, in that one is to "measure" against a yard-stick and the other is to judge (perhaps even without "measuring".)

In that sense Appraisal tend to be understood as more "objective" and the Evaluation" appears to be more "subjective". But this need not necessarily be so and how it will be depends upon the individual who appraises or evaluates, his training, his competence on the job and his own personality strengths and weaknesses.

It is the system of appraisal and the training of the appraisers and the organizational culture that decide if the exercise proves helpful or not. In many cases, in the name of "performance appraisal" what actually takes place is "personal appraisals". That would be a disaster. In appraisal the priority is to appraise the Performance ahead of the Person.

It is indeed enough to conduct appraisals for the "waiers" on an yearly basis, but the performance must be reviewed, preferebly every three months for very many reasons and that applies to all levels of appraisals

Has your query been now answered?

Regards

samvedan

October 2, 2006

From India, Pune
lovethfredricks
Thank for the reply you gave to my question?Really am impress and wish to be having more any time my questions are thrown and equally contributes to enhance knowledge in general.:):)
From Kenya
paul jose
actually i want all u peoples help. i am looking for points for the topic, THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT.
From Singapore, Singapore
nashbramhall

Paul,
Have you searched CiteHr for this? Are you arguing for or against this topic? As other contributors at CiteHr have opined, there is a lot of difference and Performance appraisal is a sub-set of Performance Management.
If you are looking for help to prove otherwise, ie. there is no difference, i am afraid that I cannot help you.
Simhan
A retired academic in UK

From United Kingdom
raghunath_bv

Hi patricia,
The basic difference between evaluation and performance is the earlier is the tool to measure the strength and weakness of employees and the later is used to analyze the individual's weakness and provide training to overcome the shortcomings.
I hope I have made the things clear.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.