No Tags Found!

bala1

Hi All,

Please find attached an article which really took me by storm.

Though the article is written in American context, I felt that most of it can be applied to any community including us. I took several days to read through the entire article but realised that it is worth reading a second time.

The author - J.G. O’Boyle, Senio Analyst of The Cente fo Cultural Studies & Analysis has stated that the article can be used for non commercial purposes.

I am quoting a small portion below:

The glue that holds the community together is not geography or blood ties, but shared values.

Values are simply broad tendencies of the members of any group to prefer one state of affairs over another. Values are rarely articulated, since they operate at a pre-conscious level, but they are instantly recognized in their violation.They are expressed over time as a consistent pattern of movement in the direction of a
desired state. They express a deeply held feeling for the way things "should" be.

Unquote:::

Thanks
Bala

From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Building the circle of Life.pdf (1.49 MB, 94 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.