No Tags Found!

sripumps
Dear Friends i'm kittu here, i need information on the minimum wage slabs for skilled, semi skilled and un skilled employees in andhra pradesh. could you pl help me on this
with regards
Kirti Kothari

From India, Hyderabad
a420b

HRA CANT BE COMPONENT OF MIN WAGES

2. Interpretation

In this Act unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context -

(c) "competent authority" means the authority appointed by the appropriate government by notification in its Official Gazette to ascertain from time to time the cost of living index number applicable to the employees employed in the scheduled employments specified in such notification;

(d) "cost of living index number" in relation to employees in any scheduled employment in respect of which minimum rates of wages have been fixed means the index number ascertained and declared by the competent authority by notification in the Official Gazette to be the cost of living index number applicable to employee in such employment;

(g) "schedule employment" means an employment specified in the Schedule or any process or branch of work forming part of such employment;

(h) "wages" means all remuneration capable of being expressed in terms of money which would if the terms of the contract of employment express or implied were fulfilled be payable to a person employed in respect of his employment or of work done in such employment and includes house rent allowance but does not include -

(i) the value of -

(a) any house accommodation supply of light water medical attendance or

(b) any other amenity or any service excluded by general or special order of the appropriate government;

(ii) any contribution paid by the employer to any person fund or provident fund or under any scheme of social insurance;

(iii) any traveling allowance or the value of any traveling concession;

(iv) any sum paid to the person employed to defray special expenses entailed on him by the nature of his employment; or

(v) any gratuity payable on discharge;

Regards
Anirban

From India, Mumbai
zill_dipali

Dear Mr.Pulsar,
Minimum wage=Basic+DA.We never count HRA in place of DA.And for ur more information about bascic wage for skilled and unskilled labour ,please find the attachment herewith.I hope its useful for u.
U faced this type of questions,its happened because they may find the suitable candidate before ur interview and how can say no thats why they are asking this type of questions.Its happend with my one of the friend also.
Thanks & Regards,
Dipali Lakhani

From India, Ahmadabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf minimum wage.pdf (96.7 KB, 182 views)

datta74
My dear friend,
Every state notifies minimum wages on yearly basis. Other than Basic Wage and DA none of the other components come under minimum wages nor notify. You can give different names to different salary component provided you show basic wage and DA wages as per minimum wages notification in all the registers & reocrds pertaining to wages.
best regards,
dat

From India, Udupi
shaival.tiwari

Dear All,
This link may help you all.
Paycheck.in - Haryana

From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

It is not possible to one to remember all the schedules and slabs and it is not required also. A Personnel Manager is not a supernatural hero. The interviewer should not have commented on it. There should be some personal interests for him to drop you. Don't worry, you will get a better opportunity.
The Minimum EWages comprises of a basic rate of wages and a Dearness Allowance variable according to changes in cost of living index. This Variable DA is not a percentage of Basic wages but will be equal to all employed in the industry as a whole. Whatever be the composition of salary, if element of VDA is absent the same cannot be treated as minimum wages as per the Act. As such HRA cannot replace DA and even if you pay HRA to workers to whom the Minimum Wages Act applies, you have to pay VDA also. Since HRA will not take into account the cost of living index the HRA will not compensate the DA.
Regards,
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
moorthysan
Hi........
If any interviewer does not want a candidate whom he is interviewing, he will ask tricky questions and put you in trouble and in the last he will say you are unprofessional. It is quite common now a days and we have to face it. This is my opinion.
KRISHNAMOORTHY

From India, Mumbai
S.Chandrasekar

Dear pulsar,
Don't regret for not knowing all the figures on your tip. It is impossible. We cannot go about memorising all byheart. Even as a HR Manager in Chennai, I don't know many of these figures so always I have a ready reckoner book (latest edition) with me for reference.
Many managers ask these just to pull off the interview time and for the sake of questioning the candidate. Many amendments in PF/ESI/P-tax etc are happening and sometimes we may not know that. So we have to cross check with updates and for that matter one cannot be scolded or humiliated. No one is perfect...!!
Incase of doubts, you can always ask the citeHR friends here or search the Net.
In the absence of pay components, the consolidated Gross itself is considered as Basic. Unless otherewise mentioned in the structure, you don't have DA/HRA/Cony?others.
So Min wages means Basic or (Basic+DA).
Keep going dear.
Regards,
Chandru
Manager - HR, Chennai

From India, Madras
S.Chandrasekar

Well said Madhu. I think our realtime senior managers are good enough to demotivate the new comers to HR arena. It all foes with personal attitude. What to do..!!!
From India, Madras
AMIT BAHUGUNA
Hi,
If you don't have any component as D.A. in your Salary Structure then your Basic should be consisting(Basic+ DA) and yes should be as per minimum wages for any category,H.R.A. will never be considered as a D.A.
Regards
Amit Bahuguna

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.