No Tags Found!

MAMMA
thanks like this very much friends for giving these valuable information.
i would lile to know much about minimum wages i like to know that is it different from state to state.as i m fresher mba student please help me

From India, Mumbai
santsaranv
Dear Mr.Pulsar,
If we add HRA in place of DA than it will not counted as part of minimum wages as in the act it is clearly mentioned that BAsis+DA equals minimum wage. HRA is something which employers generally put when increments are done for the employees who are getting minimum wages as salary...just to reduce their cost...as if they add the incremented amount in minimum wage than they have to pay more contribution wrt ESI, PF, WC etc.
Also the person who asked you all figures of MW was on wrong track. I am working with a rural retail giant...i ahve to take care of 08 states...its very difficult for us remember MW of each state....if anyone asks i can't answer it.....as my work is to track the notifications and impliment the orders accordingly.
Rgds
Sant

From India
prasad2saphr@gmail.com
Dear Sir,

I am giving some information regarding Minimum Wages Act 1948

This is for all who is not having knowledge Minimum Wages Act

Object of the ActTo provide for fixing minimum rates of wages in certain employments

Fixation of Minimum Rates of Wages: The appropriate government to fix minimum rates of wages. The employees employed in para 1 or B of Schedule either at 2 or either part of notification u/s 27. To make review at such intervals not exceeding five years the minimum rates or so fixed and revised the minimum rates. Government can also fix Minimum Wages for • Time work • Piece work at piece rate • Piece work for the purpose of securing to such employees on a time work basis • Overtime work done by employees for piece work or time rate workers.

Minimum Rates of Wages: Such as Basic rates of wages etc. Variable DA and Value of other concessions etc. Sec. 4

Procedure for fixing and revising Minimum Rates of Wages: Appointing Committee issue of Notification etc. Sec. 5

Composition of Committee: Representation of employer and employee in schedule employer in equal n umber and independent persons not exceeding 1/3rd or its total number one such person to be appointed by the Chairman. Sec. 9

Payment of Minimum Rates of Wages:Employer to pay to every employee engated in schedule employment at rate not less than minimum rates of wages as fixed by Notification by not making deduction other than prescribed. Sec.12

Wages of workers who works for less than normal working days :Save as otherwise hereinafter provided, be entitled to receive wages in respect of work done by him on that day as if he had worked for a full normal working day. Sec.15

Wages for two class of work: Where an employee does two or more classes of work to each of which a different minimum rate of wages is applicable, wages at not less than the minimum rate in respect of each such class. Sec. 16

Maintenance of registers and records:
• Register of Fines – Form I Rule 21(4)
• Annual Returns – Form III Rule 21 (4-A)
• Register for Overtime – Form IV Rule 25
• Register of Wages–Form X, Wages slip–Form XI, Muster Roll–Form V Rule 26
• Representation of register – for three year Rule 26-A Sec. 18

Minimum time rate wages for piece work: Not less than minimum rates wages as fixed . Sec. 17

Claims by employees:• To be filed by before authority constituted under the Act within 6 months.

Penalities Offence Punishment: For paying less than minimum rates of wages. Imprisonment upto 6 months or with fine upto Rs.500/-

Sec. 20 For contravention of any provisions:

pertaining to fixing hours for normal
working day etc.
Imprisonment upto 6 months

Regards,
Prasad

From India, Bhubaneswar
pulsar180

Good Morning to all experts,

Thank you very much for your valuable thoughts. Reply about minimum wages(HRA in place of DA) is still contradictory.

Note: have a look into Anjali sharma and Sant's views in this respect

Regards

Vikas Kumar

From India, New Delhi
a420b

Dear Pulsur and Other friends

Ms. Anjali sharma has rightly provided the defination of minimum wage as per the Act

Which I reproduced below

"wages" means all remuneration capable of being expressed in terms of money which would if the terms of the contract of employment express or implied were fulfilled be payable to a person employed in respect of his employment or of work done in such employment and includes house rent allowance but does not include -

(i) the value of -

(a) any house accommodation supply of light water medical attendance or

(b) any other amenity or any service excluded by general or special order of the appropriate government;

(ii) any contribution paid by the employer to any person fund or provident fund or under any scheme of social insurance;

(iii) any traveling allowance or the value of any traveling concession;

(iv) any sum paid to the person employed to defray special expenses entailed on him by the nature of his employment; or

(v) any gratuity payable on discharge;

Now I just want all readers to read the defination

It is clearly mentioned that house accomodation not included in in Wage

HRA ( house rent alowance) is nothing but house accomodation
so HRA canot be included in minimun wages.

There are lots of judgement of S.C on this point.
IF you want any S.C rullings I will Ready to post it.

Regards
Anirban
Advocate & HR Consultant

From India, Mumbai
pktripathi
Dear allHRA is not a part of Min. Wages defined under the MW Act 1948.Every state have their own MIN. Wages, Min. wages even differ from industry to industry.thanksPK Tripathi
From India, Faridabad
nimish1981

Dear Pulsar,Your interviwer was quite rude.A HR Professional is working in Particular state, he / she should have a knowledge of Minimum wages of all categories i.e.unskilled, semiskilled, skilled, highly-skilled.Atleast oneshould update before going for interview.HRA is not part of Minimum wages. Minimum wage: Basic+ Dearness Allowances ( D.A. )Dearness Allowances changes after every six months and notification is available in Labour office. Minimum HRA paid is 5% of BASIC+D.A.Provident Fnd is calculated as 12% of Basic+ D.A.as employee contribution.Employers contribution is 8.33%Pension Accont and 3.67% is Provident Fund Account.Aslo if Basic exceeds Rs 6500/- then employer has a right to deduct P.F on 6500/-.In case of ESIC, Employers Contribution 4.75% and Employees contribution is 1.75%Hope yor query is resolved.Regards,Nimish Joshi9969526325
From India, Mumbai
mnj.tiwari

Dear Mr. Pulsar180,

As far as minimum wages is concerned please read carefully under mentioned :

REVISION OF MINIMUM WAGE IN HARYANA STATE WITH EFFECT FROM: 01.01.2008

As per the letter No. 28214-308 dated : 27/05/08 , issued from the Office of Labour Commissioner , Haryana , please note following for your reference and action.

As per the Minimum Wage rate for all category of Workmen Rs.76.00 [ Seventy Six ] has been increased in case of monthly rated & Rs.3.00 [Three] has been increased in case of daily rated workman. The different category has been shown in the table, given below:

SL.NO
CATEGORY
MONTHLY WAGE
DAILY WAGE
Unskilled
Rs.3586.00
Rs.138.00
Semi-Skilled (A)
Semi-Skilled(B)
Rs.3716.00
Rs.3846.00
Rs.143.00
Rs.148.00
Skilled (A)
Skilled (B)
Rs.3976.00
Rs.4106.00
Rs.153.00
Rs.158.00
Highly Skilled
Rs.4236.00
Rs.163.00

In addition to above , following rate(s) have been fixed in the field of “Brick-Klin”

Pathera
Bharat wala
Keri wala(per 1000)
Nikasi wala(per 1000)
Chinai wala (Per Month )
Mistri
(Per Month )
Brick
Tiles
A
B

If we discussed regarding attitude of interviewer and candidate, There are some ego problems may be or may not be. We supposed to prepare well before apearing for any interview & cant comment / bet with interviewer,
They may be wrong of may not be. but we have to be open, polite & keen learner.

Do not blame any one, prepare yourself for all conditions / situations in future.
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
Thomas A. Edison

From India, Gurgaon
mnj.tiwari

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
Thomas A. Edison

Please see this is the last revised minimum wages of haryana govt.

REVISION OF MINIMUM WAGE IN HARYANA STATE WITH EFFECT FROM: 01.01.2008

As per the letter No. 28214-308 dated : 27/05/08 , issued from the Office of Labour Commissioner , Haryana , please note following for your reference and action.

As per the Minimum Wage rate for all category of Workmen Rs.76.00 [ Seventy Six ] has been increased in case of monthly rated & Rs.3.00 [Three] has been increased in case of daily rated workman. The different category has been shown in the table, given below:

SL.NO
CATEGORY
MONTHLY WAGE
DAILY WAGE
Unskilled
Rs.3586.00
Rs.138.00
Semi-Skilled (A)
Semi-Skilled(B)
Rs.3716.00
Rs.3846.00
Rs.143.00
Rs.148.00
Skilled (A)
Skilled (B)
Rs.3976.00
Rs.4106.00
Rs.153.00
Rs.158.00
Highly Skilled
Rs.4236.00
Rs.163.00

In addition to above , following rate(s) have been fixed in the field of “Brick-Klin”

Pathera
Bharat wala
Keri wala(per 1000)
Nikasi wala(per 1000)
Chinai wala (Per Month )
Mistri
(Per Month )
Brick
Tiles
A
B

You may forgotten all the episode you have faced at the time of interview, we cannot comment / bet for that interviewer, But you have to prepare yourself for future challlanges.

Keep smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From India, Gurgaon
bsnegi
Dear Friend,
As a professional, you must know everything about your profession not only those things which are applicable to your organisation.
As far as putting HRA or DA in minimum wages is concerned. DA is covered in minimum wages as it depends on cost of living in that particular region/state, while HRA does on depent on cost of living.
Regards,

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.