No Tags Found!

Dinesh Divekar

Dear Avik,
I stand by RSK said in the above comment.
You did not look at the incident but you looked at the persons while delivering the justice. Before taking any action, you should have thought of principles of natural justice. All are equal before and there should not be any gender discrimination. Both have committed the default then you should punish both of them.
Possibly you can reverse your decision now also and give some exemplary punishment to both of them.
Ok...
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear RSK

I beg to differ from your opinion.

I presume that the concerned Manager is senior and the lady Executive is junior.

According to you since both were (or appeared to be) intimate, both should get EQUAL punishment, right ?

My dear friend, do you know, FOR INSTANCE, in some organization's Code of Conduct, it is forbidden to seek any monetary or other pecuniary help from a sub-ordinate ?

Why ??
And why this rule is not applicable in case you seek assistance from a Senior ??

Because (I'll answer it for you) when you solicit something from a senior/superior he/she has a RIGHT to say NO; he/she can refuse to agree with you.

But, in case of a junior, you do not give him/her the right/privilege to disagree or say NO or dare to refuse.

Implying that a junior can be pressurized/coerce to give his/her acceptance/agreement to a wrongful act, whereas in reality he/she does not agree with it.

• Therefore, the differential punishment awarded is just and fair to both the offenders.

Hope, the issue is clear to you now.

(NO offence meant. I know you are smart and sharp. I have the feeling that your response is just to JUDGE the capability of HR professionals in being able to arrive at correct thinking/decision independently, even if the evidence points otherwise.
:wink::wink: Looks like a Vikram-Vetal question. BTW do you know, this is the name given to the training programme in Future Group (Big Bazaar) involving Case Studies)

Let us congratulate Avik:
on taking the bold step of catching the bull by the horn, and as we can see the unethical manager had to bite the dust.

P.S. : Its good that the matter has been resolved; else apart from a Workplace Romance Policy, I was also going to suggest a Consensual Relationship Agreement a.k.a. Love Contract to be signed by both the parties; which indemnifies a company in case of potential sexual harassment charges when the romance turns sour. Being an MNC, the acceptance would not be a problem.

Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
Ash Mathew

Dear Ravi,
Actually Mr. Raj is right when he mentioned "when you solicit something from a senior/superior he/she has a RIGHT to say NO; he/she can refuse to agree with you.
But, in case of a junior, you do not give him/her the right/privilege to disagree or say NO or dare to refuse "
And I agree when you state "intimate" - it is further beyond than just a mere advance from one end.. However : The punsihment for a senior is more tough in these situations compared to that of what a subordinate has to go through. Because the subordinate listens to the boss!
If a boss says something, and the subordinate is sure that it will be a flop business plan, but still has to listen top the "Boss" - the boss has to be blamed! SO the same applies here.
And Awik : Congratulations!!

From India, Madras
nvraovskp

Mr Avik Roy
You have done a good thing. After gone through the remarks of our collegues with regard to the dicrimination of punishment imposed on manager and lady executive, I am not concurring with their opinion. Being a manager, one should induce his female subordinate to have a affair with him or else there is chance for him to excercise bias on account of creating problems at the place of work or in recommending no increments at the time of her appraisal due etc.
Due to that reason only your lady executive might have fallen in the trap of manager for which she also equally suffered a lot for doing such thing.
I am sicnerely appriciating you for taking a right decison in right time so as to ensure the general discipline of your organisation.
Regards
NVRao
Hyderabad

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.