manmitha

the problem is... there is no one in my grade every one are in GM level simply i cannot go and talk to them or i cannot ask any queries regrding hr.
what i cAn do as soon as i join the company ?i know i cannot ask anyone for help there ..what should i do?

From India, Madras
paromita26

Its not about asking your seniors or your 8 members for help Manmitha...... its about understanding about them , about the organization so that you can have more knoweldge from them.......
Be open to speaking to your GM about what is your first stage of learning and how you want to go about learning in a professional manner.
or make an employee record and this might also help you .........
Ask the other members for their contributions.......
Don't take tension .... just gain as much as you can from Cite HR members...... truly help you build a stronger baseline!!!!!

From India, Bangalore
vijayp

Hi Manmitha,
All the best for your new role.
Also about your nervousness to execute your new role, everyone will be in the begining of their career. You have a lot of help available in this forum in the form of people who are experienced and also tools required to perform your duties in this very site.
You may need to start with creating some employee policies sitting with your directors and doing some ground work on recruitment activities, deciding on salary structures to be followed, employee rule book or handbook etc. If they are already in place and if you need to implement them think of implementation procedures by taking help from seniors.
Do some research on similar companies in your line of business and see what are the activities going on and how you can customize them to suit your organisation needs.
Once again all the best.
Vijay

From India, Hyderabad
manmitha

but i have comminication problem...iam not saying i dnt understand but i get nervous while talking to them..
From India, Madras
M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

I am Manager-HR in a company with 5 divisions IT/BT/MT/Pharma/Engg
I am basically a Post Graduate in Microbiology..
So dont worry Take Responsibilities
Do Well
Keep in touch for any guidance,
M. Peer Mohamed Sardhar
91 93831 93832

From India, Coimbatore
vijayp

Hi Manmitha,
You are the only one who can break the shakles of your communication. BE bold and do your best when you have to talk to them. Ultimately no one will kill you. So dont worry. Gather all your strength and speak to them, on a professional note and try to maintain your composure as calm as possible. they will appreciate if you ask them what precisely you want to know.
Do your ground work and send out some e-mails before you face them personally about what you want to know from them.
With regards to PF you just need to type your keyword in the site "Type Search Query" on top of this every page of this site. There is loads of information of how you can implement PF in your company.
Vijay

From India, Hyderabad
leenasrcm

Hi Manmitha,

This is Leena. I just went through your mail and the responses. Actually i am also in the same situation. I have joined the HR field since 9 months and my first job was as an Assistant Manager HR directly reporting to the Managing Director as there was nobody in HR senior to me. Just imagine, first job as HR person and that too at a senior post. But I was not nervous. I just thought I have not given any false statement that i have experience in HR. They have chosen me so I can do it. I behaved very confidently and i asked everything that i felt like asking to people around me. Today i am working as Head HR

So just be confident. Do not be afraid of asking, but dont ask foolish questions. Try to dig out information/guidance from net, books. Join some institute for HR course (short term), if you do not have any qualification in HR and things will be alright.

Just remember they have selected you after knowing your qualification and experience. That means they have seen that potential in you. Everybody has something special in him/her. So be confident, work hard, be alert, look around for information/guidance and you will see the result.

COME ON START NOW. DONT WAST A SINGLE MINUTE. EVERY SECOND IS PRECIOUS

:lol:

ALL THE BEST.

LOLA

I WILL SAY CONGRATULATIONS

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE NERVOUS

FISRT AND FOREMOST, YOU NEED TO EQUIP YOURSELF FOR THIS NEW CHALLENGE

YOU NEED TO GATHER ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION ON HR

YOU NEED TO RUB MIND WITH LIKE MINDS JUST AS YOU HAVE DONE

YOU NEED TO ATTEND SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS ON HR

YOU NEED TO KNOW ALL ABOUT HR

IN ALL ORGANIZATIONS, HR HAS SOME MAIN FUNCTIONS. THESE FUNCTIONS ARE GENERAL THOUGH THE WAY THEY ARE APPLIED MAY DIFFER FROM ONE COMPANY TO ANOTHER.

THE FUNCTIONS ARE:

1. RECRUITMENT, SELECTION AND PLACEMENT

2. TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT

3. WAGES AND PAYMENT ADMINISTRATION

4. INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS

5. HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT

6. ADMINISTRATION

ALL THESE ARE THE FUNCTIONS OF HR, YOU CAN READ MORE ON THEM AND VARIOUS WAYS BY WHICH THEY CAN BE APPLIED, SO YOU WILL KNOW WHAT WILL SUIT YOUR COMPANY.

ONE OTHER THING YOU MUST CONSIDER IS THAT HR HAS GONE STRATEGIC, SO THE NEED TO ALSO FORMULATE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES IN LINE WITH THESE FUNCTIONS TO SUIT YOUR COMPANY.

I HOPE THIS WILL GO A LONG TO HELP YOU

CHEERS

From Nigeria, Ibadan
Govil Nanda

Hi, first of all congrats and don’t worry we all are here to help you. Regards Govil Nanda
From India, Delhi
ubram
Hai,
Please don't feel afraid in what you are doing. Its always great to work in a small company as you can set the hr process and you can grow with the company. my small advice to you is "BE BOLD"

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.