No Tags Found!

ENOSJ
DOJ is 23/12/2013 till now we haven’t received the ESIC Card Pls guide
Please provide more details on the contribution period tag my wife joined organization on 23/12/2013
Please guide when we should contact the ESIC with what all documents are required to avail the maternity benefit and how the transaction happens
attribution https://www.citehr.com/484481-matern...#ixzz2tC0wLtUe

From India, New Delhi
Harsh Kumar Mehta

Sir(s),

Firstly, kindly obtain Identity Card in respect of Insured Woman. This can be obtained through HR official or person doing ESI work with the employer of the insured woman. In order to claim Maternity Benefit under ESI Scheme, the payment of contribution of 70 days in two preceding contribution periods (one year) is a must.

After obtaining Permanent Identity Card for self the Insured Woman can visit appropriate Branch Office of ESIC and also concerned ESI Dispensary to know her entitlement and also for medical check-up from concerned dispensary. In my opinion, Insured Woman take this step after June, 2014 i.e. in July, 2014 when the present contribution period will be completed and and new benefit period will start so that the insured woman may be clear about her entitlement to benefits.

When insured woman/you will visit ESIC Branch Office as well as ESI dispensary and discuss the matter, I think you will get answer to all your questions as you have raised in your remarks in above columns.

From India, Noida
Harsh Kumar Mehta

Sir,
I have again examined the matter and came to know that as per Proviso to Regulation 4 of ESI (General) Regulations, 1952 the first benefit period in your case will start after 9 months from the date of employment. Therefore, the eligibility to claim maternity benefit before 23/09/2014 is doubtful.
I will suggest you to contact the appropriate Branch Office of ESIC for correct position in the matter.

From India, Noida
varghesemathew

Her EDD is in Oct 2014.Hence she is eligible for benefit if contributed for at least 70 days . Varghese Mathew 09961266966
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.