No Tags Found!

singhshalini1

Dear Sunil
Why are you so rude. My intention is not to waste your time. I have just asked for a opinion.
I have got this assignment for the magazine I work for
We learn by questioning and interacting.
Sorry to waste your time.
Regards
Shalini

From India, Pune
kenn_etix

Hi shalini,
I would request you to read as much as you can on the topic " Gender Equity"
It will help you realise that there is nothing as "better than-gender wise"
It is all about who is intelligent? Who has more amount of EQ? Who has more amount of AQ ( Adversity quotient) ..and who is more competent?
the comparision actually should be made among who among humans, can be a better HR rep..
That is why you also have pshychometric tools such as 16PF and Trimetrix that help you place the right people in the right Job.
Regards
Ken

From India, Mumbai
thiruhrd
I do agree with Tania's statement. I can say for specific functions of HR women may be suitable. But it depends on the individual's capacity and the patiency needed to handle the HR.
Thanks
Any comments ....!

From Germany, Herzogenaurach
vamsikirans

Hi Shalini,
This discussion seems to have sparked off the entire gamut of reactions from HR counterparts.
Interestingly, none of us seems to have highlighted the things that we keep talking about day in and day out.
As a part of every recruitment/ selection process, all of us must have read "No discrimination, on grounds of gender, religion.....".
So, the first question that popped into my mind on seeing the Topic of discussion is "Why are HRs talking of discrimination?".
From another perspective, talking of "Male/ female is better as HR" is akin to the "proven fact" (in the olden days) that "Women are good only as housewives". The question is "Is history repeating itself?" and "Are we going back to the days of gender-bias - although to the other extreme?"
regards
VAMSI

SATISH KUMAR DHANWAL

Hi Shalini,

You have raised an age old debate - Bhains bari ya akal. I have spent 25 years in the HR finction. I found that women are exploited very easily. Because they are known to be more ambitious than man. They cannot withstand the pressure, threats, inducement and false promises. Whereas with male it is not so easy to do so. Women are not given due protection and recognitions by their male senior colleagues. This is really very pathetic and sinful. They are not given hard portfolio whic needs overtime working. They are not given due respect for which Indian Culture is famous globally. Women do not fight for their rights. They succumb to the pressures easily. Because they have dual role to play i.e one at home front and another at Office. Males can offer prayers on Durga Devi , Maa Kali, Maa Saraswati and other Devi's but in actual life they do not always show respect. Even law is biased against women. I will give one live example. Women are fighting for reservation in the Parliament. The Speaker is alleged to have commented -- "agar aurat pariliament mein aa jayge to roti kaun baniye ga?" Such attitude of lawmakers have made the matters worse. This may or may not be liked by a few . But the hard reality cannot be put behind the curtains.

E&OE

Regards,

Satish Kumar

From India, Delhi
Prashanti
Hi
Whether its HR or any other job the basic thing is the attitude of the person in the position.. gender doesn't make any difference.
HR is particularly an area where softness and sterness are required at the same time. While the person should be softspoken and easily approachable, he/she should be stern enough not to entertain any foolish or unacceptable act or behavior. Should be independent in decision making and should always believe in his own intuition though feedback is taken from everywhere there is possibility.
Out of Money, Material and Men ...Men... i mean people are the toughest to deal with and manage.
Prashanti

From India, Madras
braja
Hi,
In my opnion HR department should be in a balance not to be in a female or male.As well as HR person is that who have capacity to understand the problem of a candidate and solve it smoothly
rgds,
Braja Gopal

From United States, Ogden
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.