No Tags Found!

pratik.maniyar
I think it is a great PPT of Change Management because it is too much useful for me in terms of I am working as a training manager in one of the insurance company and for that it is too bit difficult thing to sustain in now a days where market is too much volatile and people means employee are too much frustrated so that this presentation is too much helpful too me and thanks for the same.

From India, Mumbai
alamiluisr
Hi Nidhi, They are all yummy and cheezzy presentations. My students will love them...Keep it up always and for more to come. Regards..... Luis
From Papua New Guinea
ranjit_das

Nidhi
nice set of slides but needs more work for this to be useful as a teaching tool.
Part 1 required the reader to have read 'Who moved my cheese' otherwise the slides would need a lot of explaining.
Part 2 seemed to be just a collection of quotable quotes on change - unless they are the key themes from another book on change which I am not familiar with?
For both part 1 and part 2 the reader would accept the doctrines/ theories on change given in the slides and then promptly forget what they have read - unless they have a 'story' or case study which would act as a hook or anchor.
Just my views.

From India, Kochi
pallavi bhurkay
Hi! Nidhi,
I came looking for aPPT on Change management for teacher at a school in mumbai and guess what your PPT happened to me:)
It was good and helped me work for my workshop. thanks a lot
Warm regards
Pallavi

From India, Mumbai
sudhirsinghrawat

Hi,

Change Management:

Change management is the process of developing a planned approach to change in an organization. Typically the objective is to maximize the collective benefits for all people involved in the change and minimize the risk of failure of implementing the change. The discipline of change management deals primarily with the human aspect of change, and is therefore related to pure and industrial psychology.

Some of the Potential issues concerning the successful Change deployment process:

1. The House (Of Quality) Needs Foundations

Underestimating the need for a support structure can be a big mistake in the process of deploying Lean or Six Sigma. It is important to first assess the gap between your current state and the future, desired state. This activity produces a list of things that need to change and, in addition, those that need to be positively reinforced. In the change process, this is not an either/or proposition. Both need to be done. As an example, if one has the fortune of having an army of talented Black Belts but a broken Champion support system, the program can fail in a heartbeat. Again, if both are present and yet, executive support is absent, then that can lead to disastrous results for a program as well.

The role of a consultant is potentially huge in this case. The superior knowledge base can be helpful in foreseeing roadblocks and addressing them at the very outset.

2. Speed Can Be An Illusion

One common trait of all change initiatives is that they go through a series of necessary steps that have their own lead times. Failing to recognize this fact often leads to skipping essential activities that only create an illusion of speed and never produces desired results.

Sticking to an overall game plan and building steady momentum over time brings change that is more coherent and permanent than islands of excellence resulting from scattered activities.

3. Sustaining A Shared Vision

Most executives do a good job of communicating a strong sense of urgency to effect change and move people out of their comfort zones. This often launches a flurry of activities in the right direction to start with. However, sustaining the quality and level of activities is a different ball game. For the abstraction that is called business, it requires more than organizational structure, incentives and job descriptions to have a multitude of people work in a concerted manner towards a common objective -- it requires a shared vision. It is one, in which everybody has a role to play, everybody clearly understands his or her role, and everyone knows "what is in it for me?"

Having a shared vision and communicating it well are essential in galvanizing a workforce to come together and stay together, during the process of change..

4. New Vision, Old Contraints

Doing the same old thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. As much as new tools and a new roadmap empowers people to do things differently, systemic constraints -- be it organizational structure or reward system -- if not addressed adequately can seriously damage the credibility of the effort and make cynics out of employees.

Actions to confront big roadblocks early in the deployment phase can do the magic of boosting morale and providing momentum to overcome psychological hurdles throughout the organization.

5. Show Me The Money

In all fairness to the shareholders, every initiative should aim at producing measurable economic benefit to a business. Care should be taken to ensure that there is correlation between the metrics used to monitor improvement efforts and the bottom line. This may warrant adjustments to the accounting procedures2 to enable the identification of reform opportunities, drive the right activities and calculate project benefits consistently. In many cases, gains are realized only after a series of project segments (like a step function).

It is important in such cases to make sure that cost accounting doesn't disincentivise the very activities that culminate into a breakthrough.

6. Success Breeds Success

Every large initiative can appear potentially daunting and overwhelming if not split into manageable chunks. A process always runs the risk of losing steam if there are no short-term goals and short-term wins defined. Short-term wins create enthusiasm and confidence amongst people and aid in team building.

This makes the ultimate goal look realizable to participants and helps garner support even from those who have been erstwhile resisting change and sitting on the sidelines.

7. Leaders Wanted

More often than not, management is incentivised to minimize risk and preserve the status quo. Change on the other hand requires creation of a new state of business, which naturally requires leadership. A paralyzed decision making process (often the biggest impediment to change) is a symptom of having too many managers and not enough leaders3.

Great leaders transform cultures and stimulate breakthroughs. It is vital to have a good number of them on one's side as champions of the renewal process.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Sudhir Singh Rawat

Mumbai

solankidhara
Hi all,
i need to make one questonnaire..., it will be great if you could help me......!!
the Topic is .."Why the people posted at site are having more role clarity than the people working at office"
What could be the probable reasons for that?
plase help me in forming the same
Regards:
Dhara...

From India, Ahmadabad
mastanshaik
very good presentation from change management and could u give me a hrm and change management by shaik
From India, Hyderabad
mastanshaik
any body can provide me a notes on implication of globalization on hrm function and functionaries shaik
From India, Hyderabad
bnharsha

Hi frnds i found this beauitful presentation on Change Management. Enjoy!!!!!!! HARSHA. B.N
From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt Change Management.ppt (1.03 MB, 229 views)

rati1010
Dear Nidhi,
The PPT presentation on CHANGE is really enjoyable. This has opened my eyes & now I am really practising to change keeping my core values intact. There are bitter wranglings with my employer since last 3 years which culminated in unhealthy relationship. This presentation will lead to Damage Control Exercise from me & I am sure it will yeild desired results in a days to come. Thanks again & keep posting other PPTs. Next time, please embed PPTs with suitable sound effects, if possible which will enhance its effectiveness.
Ratilal Vasaikar
Pune.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.